Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight OAK runs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Fifth floor, window

Sir Ziggy.

Thanks for the input. With a couple of exceptions I've been out of flying (but not aviation) for what many would consider a very long time. (10+ years) And sorry to say, I've moved from hither and thou many a time for a flying gig, and now I'm older and I can'twon't stand the thought of moving again. (although home basing could work out) So, Ameriflight sounded okay, for awhile, to get back into it. But maybe not a Chieftain, I 'dunno - guess I'll check into that. (I just got back from a wacky interim overseas turbo-prop gig, so back to Pistons?) I posted on the boards for Skywest SFO domicile info, but its a just a few crews, and its reserve. As far as I know there's no other scheduled operator with crews based in the bay area, save SWA and AAL/UAL...and I guess they aren't too keen on people like me with a 10 year gap trying to get back "into it". The other possibilities in the bay area are very hit or miss, plus you really need a crystal ball and connections to Oz himself (e.g TAG, and decent private/corporate turbine stuff).

Again, thanks for the information.