Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Berry Aviation anyone? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/14995-berry-aviation-anyone.html)

WesternSkies 10-09-2015 07:22 AM

"Captains fill out forms about the FO's to determine who is best to upgrade."

I too like a steamed towel with my foot rubs.

dmk1984 10-09-2015 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by WesternSkies (Post 1988602)
"Captains fill out forms about the FO's to determine who is best to upgrade."

I too like a steamed towel with my foot rubs.

Of course the irony is, captains don't want to upgrade the FOs they like... So be unnecessarily rough when you massage my feet so I'll wanna get rid of you

RH1228 10-09-2015 09:10 AM

All kidding a side the upgrade deal is pretty straight forward. 4 conditions must be obtained. 1. Seniority 2. Experience 3. Performance 4. An open spot. Any one condition is a deal breaker. They will upgrade out of order if performance or experience aren't there but they work down the list then go to the street. We are flying a large, complex, fast, transport category turboprop on demand, at night, all weather, into dark holes in Mexico and random airports any and everywhere else you never knew existed on a whim with long flight / duty days. They demand solid performers in the left seat and will not compromise (rightfully so). If you do a good job in the right seat and the other conditions are met you will upgrade and as of today its < 1 year. YMMV

cruiseclimb 10-10-2015 07:30 AM


Originally Posted by PDTpilotXX (Post 1988594)
That is very very respectable for a TP on demand operation. Beats a lot of Falcon gigs too.

If you can get a Falcon gig.. take it.. (I just saw one in FL).. That can lead you into a whole new market of flying. I flew a Falcon 900 for a while, and we were paying well into six figures, and staying in some nice hotels :)

dmk1984 10-10-2015 07:56 AM


Originally Posted by cruiseclimb (Post 1989295)
If you can get a Falcon gig.. take it.. (I just saw one in FL).. That can lead you into a whole new market of flying. I flew a Falcon 900 for a while, and we were paying well into six figures, and staying in some nice hotels :)

There seems to be confusion about what type of Falcon gig he was referring to... Pretty sure he meant on-demand cargo Falcon 20's... From the 60's. Not brand new 900's

PDTpilotXX 10-10-2015 09:27 AM


Originally Posted by dmk1984 (Post 1989309)
There seems to be confusion about what type of Falcon gig he was referring to... Pretty sure he meant on-demand cargo Falcon 20's... From the 60's. Not brand new 900's

That is correct.

Flying a 900 would be a pretty sweet gig in most places, a ragged out -20... Not so much.

mojo6911 10-11-2015 07:40 AM

24 hour on call sucks, and is illegal, but Berry is probably the best ad hoc freight company.

fly4doe 12-01-2015 09:22 AM

FAA On Duty vs Rest Time interpretation
 
Apparently the FAA has said this before and now they've said it again. It appears that it is a question is enforcement. 135 operators point their fingers at their POI's. (See article via link)

A case could be made, regardless of interpretation, that the POI sets a precedent by not enforcing, but.... So put that beer back in 'fridge...you're on duty.

FAA: On Call = On Duty | BCA content from Aviation Week

Flightsoffusion 09-15-2016 02:40 PM

Any recent info on Berry? I'm looking at (hopefully) an FO position in SAN.

Thank you..

David Puddy 09-16-2016 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion (Post 2203759)
Any recent info on Berry? I'm looking at (hopefully) an FO position in SAN.

Thank you..

What aircraft type out of SAN?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands