Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Pilot Operating Handbooks

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Getting back into the game
Default Pilot Operating Handbooks

Greetings everyone, I'm the new kid on the block and I've been reading a lot of the threads on the 135 Freight operators, very informative to say the least, thanks for all your wisdom on here I have been flying since 1991, (Commercially since 2000), and took a breather in 2005 from full time 135 Charter to start a Mortgage company, however, since the industry crashed I am returning back to the love of my life and am looking into some companies to fly for.

-Things that have changed since my absence: being offered flying schedule M-F and home on weekends, I would have never thought it could happen, lol...
-Low flying times, WOW! (while I was flight training I learned it would never be below 1500 hrs and an ATP).
-Tons of turnover in Freight. I also noticed most freight companies fly bank notes, but the Federal Reserve is changing its operating practices of having the physical checks now and one company that was offering me a position in MCI said he lost eight routes because of this...don't know if most companies will survive when this pratice is eliminated...

Anyhow, I don't want to blab on, so I wanted to ask you all on here if you know of a web site where I can download a POH on Caravans, Cessna 421 and 404's or any other aircraft for study purposes...it sure would be appreciated very much.

Safe flying to you all and thank you for allowing me to post
Old 04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

I can't help you with the pilot manual, but I may have a few job leads for you depending on your location, experience, and willingness to relocate. Do you have lear time? Jet time? Send me a PM when you get enough posts and I'll see if I can help you.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Getting back into the game

Originally Posted by beechbum View Post
I can't help you with the pilot manual, but I may have a few job leads for you depending on your location, experience, and willingness to relocate. Do you have lear time? Jet time? Send me a PM when you get enough posts and I'll see if I can help you.
Hello beechbum, yes I do have Lear time...I just applied in Vegas for a 25 slot, haven't heard anything, but looking to get back into the groove. You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you so much and have a great day!