Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

New forum!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: 747-400 captain
Default New forum!

Welcome to APC's newest forum... this one for Part 135 aviators.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Any seat that pays

Come on guys! Post, I know your out there!

If a bunch of 135 pilots posted this would be the most interesting forum here.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default 135

Originally Posted by loudgarrettdriver
Come on guys! Post, I know your out there!

If a bunch of 135 pilots posted this would be the most interesting forum here.

The 135 guys are all sleeping in an FBO lobby or something.

SkyHigh
Old 02-12-2006, 03:58 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Astra Captain

135 sucks...don't do it unless you absolutely have to....like to get another job...

Any questions? Good, now close this forum!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: -

wow. bigdummy, what can i say that your name doesn't say or imply already.

sue
Old 02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Astra Captain

you're right! I should rename myself bigSmarty!
Old 02-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Glass Cockpit

hey guys this is a new post for me since i am new at this i just recently got an interview offer for pacific wings in Hawai and was woundering if anyone know whats the deal is with this company i have not yet respond but would like and advice from you guys. I guess to my knowlege SIC single engine time is not impressive on resume. But the most important thing i am not sure about is the pay. If anyone knows let me know.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 PM
northeastbound

Default North East Freight Dogs.

I'm fresh out of instructing with 135 mins. Can anyone recommend some 135 cargo ops particularly in Cleveland OH? I'm familiar with Air Net. Anything else out there? (NY,MI, or PA).

Old 02-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Try Flight Express, they were hiring not too long ago
Good luck

Sk3
Old 04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
falconjetdriver

Default Be grateful...

You know, I've been reading so many posts about how bad 135 is, I guess I should stop making faces and post my thoughts...Ready...give me a second to get my old bones up on da soapbox...OK...here goes...

Be grateful!

It is better to be on the inside flying 135, than it is looking from the outside wishing for a flying job. I've been doing 135 for over 20 years. When I was the freight dog, I'd be happy that I had "waiting around" time so that I could instruct, go running, make good life-long friends(and network system) around the airport, hang-out in the hangars learning stuff from the mechanics(who are the real hotbeds of gossip & jobs), and just be happy to get to fly. I would be grateful that the boxes couldn't complain about the bumpy weather or a crappy landing.

Now, when I fly around the people who sometimes complain (because it is bumpy here in the mountains), I use it as an opportunity to use my wit & charm to put them at ease. After that, the connections are made, & from then on they shake my hand, the women hug me, and I am requested each time as "their" pilot. Makes my day, and I think back to flying around boxes and how ungrateful and uninteresting they are- I am glad that I get to meet the different characters that otherwise I never would have had the opportunity to know.

It's all how you look at it and what you choose your attitude to be. If you choose to make lemonade, learn how to make the best there is, have fun with it; if you just want to suck on 'em and make sour faces, then you've lost site of why you are there. We've all known too many guys who are pushing desks now, or walk with their eyes upward toward the sky...don't forget how lucky we are that we get to do what we love for a living.

Try to look at all the crap you deal with in 135 as just the busy work until you get to plant your butt in the cockpit seat, that it's meager payment for someone else footing the bill for us to fly. If that seat, either side, is not worth it, if you can't find a way to love it, then get the heck out of flying altogether and stop whining!

Also- Don't forget that one of those passengers just may, one day, buy his/her own jet...who do you think they're going to ask to be their 91 driver?? The sourpuss???