Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Part 135 Interview (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30829-part-135-interview.html)

SkyStormer6 09-09-2008 04:09 PM

^^^This is exactly why I'm trying to get into corporate, I believe the lifestyle will fit my personality better than the regionals. Plus a 30 minute drive to work beats commuting to CVG or JFK from BNA.

mmaviator 11-17-2009 06:41 PM

i know this is a old thread but does anyone else have any info pertaining to charter interviews. i already had one but it seemed to easy(just hr questions). i know that i should know the company pretty well and this company has multi different types of a/c. also, i have flown in awhile but they like me on paper? thoughts?

ZBowFlyz 11-17-2009 08:31 PM

My interview went like this-
Them, "You want a job?"
Me, "No"

One Month later,
Them, "Have you reconsidered our offer?"
Me, "No"

One Month Later,
Them, "We figured we'd ask one more time, have you reconsidered?"
Me, "Ummm if your serious I'd have to write up a contract and you would have to sign it."
Them, "Write it up!"

BushwickBill 11-17-2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by mmaviator (Post 713376)
i know this is a old thread but does anyone else have any info pertaining to charter interviews. i already had one but it seemed to easy(just hr questions). i know that i should know the company pretty well and this company has multi different types of a/c. also, i have flown in awhile but they like me on paper? thoughts?

My 135 charter hire process went like this:

Submit resume. Follow up with in person meeting.

Got a call. Sorry your not the right person for the job.

3 days later. Can you come in right now and fly an overnight trip?

A week after that I had an "interview" LOL.

HR questions get to know you stuff and introducing the management.

Basically if the charter company needs a body and you happen to have someone's attention you will get hired.

The right seat in a single pilot airplane is what you make of it. Mostly it is ice coffee and newspapers as someone already mentioned.

mmaviator 11-18-2009 11:54 AM

Bush....

I know some or maybe all of theses are single pilot but not sure. I'm not sure what aircraft has the opening but these are the types.

hawker 850xp
beechjet 400
citation 2 and ultra.

TPROP4ever 11-18-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by mmaviator (Post 713790)
Bush....

I know some or maybe all of theses are single pilot but not sure. I'm not sure what aircraft has the opening but these are the types.

hawker 850xp
beechjet 400
citation 2 and ultra.

sent PM instead......

cgtpilot 11-26-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by UCLAbruins (Post 458634)
Are you prepare to work for a regional, commute, wait years just to upgrade IN A REGIONAL JET, pay for your uniform, insurance, food, a crash pad, might get furlough later down the road, deal with TSA every single day of your life, all of the above for 20K a yr??? That's what most regional copilots do.....

Sounds like somebody likes riding around in their 12,000 lb Citation! I mean the first guy had it pretty well nailed except he missed the part where Company XYZ (who's primary business is selling widgets, not flying airplanes) gets a new, cost-cutting CEO and immediately slashes the flight department. Then you've got a bunch of "right seat" button pushing time in a single pilot light jet which most majors probably wouldn't count anyway. Not to mention you're probably going to fly less than 300 hrs a year. Would you rather have Jeffery Skiles or a 20 yr bizjet "copilot"?