Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

AEROFLIGHT Executive Services

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 135, REALLY SMALL!
Default AEROFLIGHT Executive Services

I did a quick search of the 135 threads and didn't see any about aeroflight, but I figure someone out there knows something. How about it guy's? I've been hearing rumor of hiring, seeing posters for pilots around GEG, SFF & BOI etc. I shot off a resume like the flier asked, but no bites. Hoping one of you could shed a little light on how their hiring process goes, minimums (competitive mins), base openings, people I should call for follow ups etc. I appreciate the help.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Left Seat PA31-350

Does anyone know anything about this company.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Home - AeroFlight Portal

Aeroflight is based out of seattle, and fly cargo in the northwest. They have a few Cessna 402's, and a couple chieftans, a pilatus, along with a Cessna 340 and 421 i think. I know a few pilots who went to work for them and they said they hated it. The web site says they are hiring, but Im not sure. I see a few of the guys from time to time and will ask next time I see them.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Used to work for Aeroflight.

It was a fairly good operation when I was there. The general manager has changed since I worked there, and I don't know any of the current pilots. Everything is early morning, hang out all day, late evening return. Mostly checks, some blood and semen. There are crew apartments and crew cars at all the outstations. $85/day, but you could pick up extra runs or half runs to help out on pay. Mostly 402's, one Chieftain, a couple Senecas. BFI, TTD, and SFF are the bases.

Mins were 135 IFR when I got hired on. They ask for a 9 month commitment. If you are near Seattle I would suggest going by for some face time. The interview is a relaxed process, but you must know your IFR well.

It is one of the best experiences I have had in aviation. This was not because of the company, but because it was my first time in a twin, flying a long duty day, in crap wx, by myself. I loved it.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.