Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

ExceedVne 12-24-2020 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 (Post 3174414)
Got the job! I'll be a 9K'er starting in a few weeks. Im stoked for the job! ExceedVNE, wanna trade seniority numbers? haha

Let’s go!! Congrats again. Great to see people getting hired again.

HouseMouse 12-24-2020 02:42 PM

What do your hours look like?

dapuckstopper15 12-24-2020 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by HouseMouse (Post 3174426)
What do your hours look like?

Just over 135 IFR Captain mins. Like 1245 TT with about 39 of it being multi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapuckstopper15 12-24-2020 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by cairful (Post 1905820)
DO NOT come here to time build. It's wrong to build time here as FO, then leave at 1500. It's a shame that people are so eager to go to a regional to fly something "big" and still not make enough money to pay bills and live comfortably. Someone who comes to Cape and fulfills the 1 year after ATP requirement will have a lot of great experience and stick skills. The 402 is a lot of fun, and you will definitely not be broke on captain pay. Come here and learn PIC stuff, enjoy CASS, and the pay.

Also, Cape Air is stable. What's the status of any other regional airline over the next 10 years? What if in 5 years when I'm at a regional, it tanks, or there is some global event that hurts the industry again and I'm furloughed? If I honored my commitment at Cape, I'll be hired again. And sure, I can't read the future and promise Cape will be totally healthy, but there's little evidence of any trouble. And I'd hate to burn this bridge.

Just reading through the thread. This guy sees the future.

SoFloFlyer 12-31-2020 08:46 AM

Sorry if this has been asked, but is commuting a possibility?

meitnerium 01-01-2021 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 (Post 3174544)
Just reading through the thread. This guy sees the future.

Wow. You’re right.

LBApilot 01-05-2021 09:06 PM

Wondering about FO bases, QOL, Upgrade times.

Hey guys. Been stalking the thread. I just moved to Boston. I have about 1300tt and 400hr in a C-421. I guess I'm wondering what commuting would be like to stl, and how long would it take before I could get to logan? I live literally 6 minutes from logan.

Im okay with being FO for a while, and learning NE flying, busy airspace, 135, etc.. But I don't want to be an FO for too long, especially in a plane less complicated than the one I flew for the last two years.

I guess I'm just looking for some insights. I don't want to apply and not enjoy QOL and quit the day i find something "better." (I hope I'm not sounding too prissy, just stressed)

dapuckstopper15 01-05-2021 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by LBApilot (Post 3178299)
Hey guys. Been stalking the thread. I just moved to Boston. I have about 1300tt and 400hr in a C-421. I guess I'm wondering what commuting would be like to stl, and how long would it take before I could get to logan? I live literally 6 minutes from logan.

Im okay with being FO for a while, and learning NE flying, busy airspace, 135, etc.. But I don't want to be an FO for too long, especially in a plane less complicated than the one I flew for the last two years.

I guess I'm just looking for some insights. I don't want to apply and not enjoy QOL and quit the day i find something "better." (I hope I'm not sounding too prissy, just stressed)

I’m sorry but I can’t answer commuting question or basing question but I don’t think it would hurt to apply. This is something you may be able to ask while you’re interviewing perhaps. Also, everyone has their needs and I believe that no matter what that is, it is warranted. I believe as soon as you hit ATP mins, they’ll upgrade you from what I’ve been told by several people because I was wondering the same thing. Especially in this market though, go apply!

BravoTango 01-06-2021 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by LBApilot (Post 3178299)

I’d imagine pilots are being hired with a contractual commitment, so quitting the day you find something better shouldn’t be the plan...

You go to cape either because you live right in a base and want to make a career of it, or to build excellent experience and time build quickly. Like 1000 hours a year.

LBApilot 01-06-2021 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=BravoTango;3178328]I’d imagine pilots are being hired with a contractual commitment, so quitting the day you find something better shouldn’t be the plan...

You go to cape either because you live right in a base and want to make a career of it, or to build excellent experience and time build quickly. Like 1000 hours a year.

Yes I agree. I was more or less asking about QOL because its not my intention to quit. I dont not think id enjoy having to commute from BOS to STL for an extended period of time, but I'm willing to pay my dues.

I only meant 'better' in the sense of me being miserable after a year of commuting. I made this post because I don't want to waste anyones time, companies or mine.