Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

nornick3 10-30-2023 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Plabelover (Post 3715497)
may i ask why is that?

The main reason is that the C402 and BN2 use the GNS430W for nav, so no charts built in. Since FOs are generally not required, they would need to include an EFB with the aircraft as the required redundancy to the captains EFB. Realistically, no one will keep that redundancy charged and updated, and sitting outside overnight in the snow would probably kill the batteries anyway.

Since they need paper charts for redundancy regardless, they haven’t invested in certifying an EFB. It’s a cost saving measure, but they don’t want to put any money into platforms they are retiring. The plan is for the P212 to replace both of those fleets. Definitely a shame because there have been many times I wished I had that added situational awareness. It does help that most folks have a pretty small set of routes they fly so you get very familiar with your typical destinations.

greenpilot20 02-09-2024 12:58 PM

Jump seat from SJU

Hello

My apologies for the thread drift/creeping.

Searched and couldn't find a definitive answer.

I'm trying to get from SJU-EIS. Current Delta pilot. APC profile says Cape Air is CASS; would I be able to list as a jump seater for that route, even though it's international? Looks like there are multiple flights per day.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Jasons 04-02-2024 02:39 PM

What will I get on the C402 or P2012? Is it better to go here instead of waiting for a regional airline?

QRH Bingo 04-03-2024 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jasons (Post 3788195)
. . .Is it better to go here instead of waiting for a regional airline?

Depends on what you want to accomplish and where you stand in the stack.
If you don't seem to be getting a bite on your apps and wish to improve the resumé, go for it. But nothing comes without risk. I believe they do have a training bond (if that matters) and a record of your part 135 training will follow, for better or for worse. What you gain would be real world, all weather, daily ops in a more complex airplane. It would also make the transition into the regional world a little easier.

Jasons 04-03-2024 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3788437)
Depends on what you want to accomplish and where you stand in the stack.
If you don't seem to be getting a bite on your apps and wish to improve the resumé, go for it. But nothing comes without risk. I believe they do have a training bond (if that matters) and a record of your part 135 training will follow, for better or for worse. What you gain would be real world, all weather, daily ops in a more complex airplane. It would also make the transition into the regional world a little easier.

How about CAPE AIR training? Is it systematic training?