Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/39132-cape-air.html)

Polyester 12-28-2021 09:24 AM

How hard is it to get HYA as an FO and is the part-time program in effect? If so, how does it work?

FlightLife2020 12-28-2021 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Polyester (Post 3343149)
How hard is it to get HYA as an FO and is the part-time program in effect? If so, how does it work?

I wouldn’t ever want HYA as an FO very little flight time because it’s non EAS and most lines end up going to ACK or MVY via Boston. Easily the top locations to be bumped as an FO. Also never seen a PT FO in my time at the company.

mto7464 01-12-2022 07:57 AM

mgmt or chief pilot

I was wondering if someone in MGMT from cape air could PM me. I have some questions I would like to ask.

Mandalorian 01-18-2022 01:21 PM

Cape Air management does not monitor this forum. If you need to talk to them send em an email.

FlightLife2020 01-26-2022 06:36 PM

Warning

Cape Air is under new leadership and they are short staffed. They have currently shut down PVC and PWM (next week) due to lack of crew. PVC is also construction/Covid, but they didn’t have the crew for it pre construction. People are leaving in waves and they are hiring international street captains. This can be challenging for FOs. Use caution going to this place. The 402s are dying and the tecnam is trash. Literally a hazard for your certificate to fly here because of aircraft age. The MX do the best they can, but between 40+ year old aircraft that want to retire and a baby airplane that will break if you look at it wrong more often then not you will face insane issues that danger yourself and your passengers. I left and don’t plan to look back.

LadyAvee8r 01-27-2022 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by FlightLife2020 (Post 3360636)
Cape Air is under new leadership and they are short staffed. They have currently shut down PVC and PWM (next week) due to lack of crew. PVC is also construction/Covid, but they didn’t have the crew for it pre construction. People are leaving in waves and they are hiring international street captains. This can be challenging for FOs. Use caution going to this place. The 402s are dying and the tecnam is trash. Literally a hazard for your certificate to fly here because of aircraft age. The MX do the best they can, but between 40+ year old aircraft that want to retire and a baby airplane that will break if you look at it wrong more often then not you will face insane issues that danger yourself and your passengers. I left and don’t plan to look back.

I hate to say it but I agree with this 100%.
It was a pretty nice place to work a few years ago and I was planning to stay long term, but things have changed with the new CEO and I would advise anyone to look elsewhere. They pay is horrible and you’re forced to live in expensive places because commuting is basically impossible. some senior pilots sleep in their cars 3 hours from home. family healthcare is about 65% of your paycheck for a new hire captain, more for an FO. You used to be able to pick up incentives for $500/day because they’re so desperate for staff but they changed the lines to be 50hrs a week by adding a “spare” day and going from 4 on/4 off to 4/3. That spare day will push you close to 34hr/7 days so guess what? No more picking up shifts. 8-12 hrs of mandatory overtime once a week is nice I guess, but 26hrs+$600-1000 incentive a week was keeping pilots here. And now everyone is leaving. Nice job management. Didn’t you brag about a $10m “profit” last year?? Pilots each got a $100 bill in a Christmas card and that was about it.
There are currently around 80 bidding captains on a seniority list of 275 pilots because everyone is leaving or has left. The writing is on the wall, they treat their pilots like garbage, the new lines have ruined a lot of people’s lives.

The new equipment is a joke. When you write up a tecnam they say “it’s a project” but the thing is on the flight line… experiment phase should have been completed years ago. Saw a plane the other day that had TWELVE PAGES of engine write ups in a single inspection period and was still on the line. There were 8 tecnams grounded in the Midwest yesterday. This “FADEC” on a piston twin is not meant for commercial use. Everything inside feels cheap and plasticky. The P212 itself is a minivan with wings, and it flies like a minivan without wings when you go to idle. The narrow wheelbase and high wings makes it sketchy in crosswind. The wheel struts sometimes don’t compress on landing leaving you taxiing 10 degrees wing-low on one side. This is “normal,” lol. The 402 was legendary, but they are very old and late on being replaced. The new plane is probably going to bury this company.
Despite all this they’re still trying to open new bases ::slaps forehead::

LadyAvee8r 01-27-2022 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mandalorian (Post 3355290)
Cape Air management does not monitor this forum.

Riiiiiight…

kaputt 01-27-2022 08:57 PM

Anyone who has a few hours in a Tecnam P2006T could have told them relying on anything from that company for commercial airline service was going to be a disaster.

The Tecnam Twins are a reliability nightmare and the factory support is bad.

PILOTORAY 01-29-2022 12:37 PM

After reading few posts I can realize the Tecnam choice was a big mistake!
What aircraft should be considered for replacing the old but reliable 402s?
Any chance for the Cessna Caravan?

dapuckstopper15 01-29-2022 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by LadyAvee8r (Post 3360751)
I hate to say it but I agree with this 100%.
It was a pretty nice place to work a few years ago and I was planning to stay long term, but things have changed with the new CEO and I would advise anyone to look elsewhere. They pay is horrible and you’re forced to live in expensive places because commuting is basically impossible. some senior pilots sleep in their cars 3 hours from home. family healthcare is about 65% of your paycheck for a new hire captain, more for an FO. You used to be able to pick up incentives for $500/day because they’re so desperate for staff but they changed the lines to be 50hrs a week by adding a “spare” day and going from 4 on/4 off to 4/3. That spare day will push you close to 34hr/7 days so guess what? No more picking up shifts. 8-12 hrs of mandatory overtime once a week is nice I guess, but 26hrs+$600-1000 incentive a week was keeping pilots here. And now everyone is leaving. Nice job management. Didn’t you brag about a $10m “profit” last year?? Pilots each got a $100 bill in a Christmas card and that was about it.
There are currently around 80 bidding captains on a seniority list of 275 pilots because everyone is leaving or has left. The writing is on the wall, they treat their pilots like garbage, the new lines have ruined a lot of people’s lives.

The new equipment is a joke. When you write up a tecnam they say “it’s a project” but the thing is on the flight line… experiment phase should have been completed years ago. Saw a plane the other day that had TWELVE PAGES of engine write ups in a single inspection period and was still on the line. There were 8 tecnams grounded in the Midwest yesterday. This “FADEC” on a piston twin is not meant for commercial use. Everything inside feels cheap and plasticky. The P212 itself is a minivan with wings, and it flies like a minivan without wings when you go to idle. The narrow wheelbase and high wings makes it sketchy in crosswind. The wheel struts sometimes don’t compress on landing leaving you taxiing 10 degrees wing-low on one side. This is “normal,” lol. The 402 was legendary, but they are very old and late on being replaced. The new plane is probably going to bury this company.
Despite all this they’re still trying to open new bases ::slaps forehead::

Finally someone wants to speak up. This place sucks. Over promise and under deliver. It’s not the Cape Air it used to be. Nothing legendary about it anymore. It’s just another EAS 135. I am happy I moved on. They were toxic and some people really drink the kool aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk