Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
View Poll Results: Have you been asked to bend/break regs
Yes, I still work there(thats the way it is)
25.49%
Yes, I quit working there
21.57%
No, they never asked me
43.14%
I'm not saying anything
9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by 3XLoser View Post
I have been asked "can you get the airplane back?" and other similar variations, but that was partially because there were some kool aid drinking pilots who absolutely would do whatever they could, legal or not, to get the job done. I've answered "no" without getting a lecture, but I did witness a guy getting lectured because of how many things he was getting fixed at out-stations. In that instance, the guy doing the lecturing was a former kool aid drinking golden boy who became part of management, but I don't necessarily believe that his boss would've given the same lecture.

This is the cockpit version of office politics, with the pilots being the ones carrying most of the legal and all of the mortal burden. This is why I feel naked without union protection, and it's partially because there will always be a pilot who never says "no."
It is the "Yes" men that give everyone else a hard time because it raises the boss's expectations of "Well he'll do it, why aren't you?" Luckily the Yes-Man in my former company just took all the crap-tastic trips and the rest of us were left to make our own decisions.