Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Alaska flying jobs (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/46479-alaska-flying-jobs.html)

Kougarok 12-18-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Airhoss (Post 729505)
Yep I flew for Ryan as well and I wouldn't ever care to again either. Chilly really had very little to do with what makes OTZ a pit. Passed out puke soaked drunks in the hall way of the 21 unit, the aroma of the burning dump. Stuff like that, oh the memories.;)

Bethel is worse! My first experience there was as a Twin Otter FO and the captain took me to lunch at some hole in the wall restaurant. The menu was a grease stained mispelled piece of cardboard on the wall. There was a drunk puking between the pinball machines. We ordered burgers that actually weren't bad. While eating the captain looks at me deadpan and says, "I only come here for the atmosphere not the food'! :eek:

RomeoSierra 12-18-2009 10:29 AM

thanks for the advice, ill look into it

aviatorhi 12-21-2009 05:17 PM

Hey don't be talkin' smack about Bethel.

ChinookDriver47 12-21-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by RomeoSierra (Post 729636)

Yeah, with the impending closure of the airport in the summer, I would move, too, if I were you. Plus, I hear things are not all that great @ SF.

UCLAbruins 12-25-2009 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by RomeoSierra (Post 729636)

sounds like you're willing to go where the work is, good attitude... only way to make it these days

Wildflyin 12-25-2009 02:45 PM

hmm, I'm interested in the same type of flying, this is a good thread! I'm thinking of taking a couple of years and getting my A&P to throw into the mix. Maybe it would be a better idea to find a school up there and start shaking hands...

Kougarok 12-25-2009 10:01 PM

A&P school

University of Alaska Anchorage has an A&P school. I went to Portland Community College (Oregon) to get mine.
Good Luck!:)

Monguse 01-13-2010 12:33 AM

Big merger

Era, Frontier, Arctic Circle Air and Hagelands Aviation Services have merged into one big company. They're still in the throes of figuring it all out, but there may be some hiring with them coming up in the not too distant future.

Alaska flight operations and Alaska Flying has a directory of Alaska flight ops. And the membership section posts job offers and links to about 250 Alaska flight ops websites.

Kougarok 01-16-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Monguse (Post 743198)
Era, Frontier, Arctic Circle Air and Hagelands Aviation Services have merged into one big company. They're still in the throes of figuring it all out, but there may be some hiring with them coming up in the not too distant future.

That's how Alaska Airlines started out in the 40's! Heard of Mirow Aviation, Alaska Star Airlines, etc.?

AKFLIGHT 01-20-2010 06:33 PM

Here is one in SE Alaska

Air Excursions (Juneau) is hiring experienced Alaska aviators for the 2010 summer season.
Year round employment beyond the summer is possible for selected candidates.

Mins are:
* 1,500 Total Time
* 500 SE Alaska
* 25 C206 or PA32

Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]