Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Blackwater (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/5237-blackwater.html)

Alta 03-19-2012 05:45 AM

DoomedTX, In January got in touch with a couple friends that are flying for AAR out of Bahgram and they started trying to grease the wheels for me. As luck would have it I was offered the job last week and am now going thru the process of getting a DOD security clearance. I interviewed with an HR person as well as the Chief Pilot on the fixed wing side of operations, very personable interview as previously stated. No technical questions raised nor Sim and all in all a great experience.

For what its worth my times are 5700TT, 2000 PIC turbine, 1000 PIC Jet, 3000TT Dash 8 as SIC.
I am currently furloughed and they do not require you to resign seniority.
They are also flying Casa 235s and it appears that all pilots in Afghanistan will be dual qualified in both the Dash and the Casa.

Keep updating your resume on the main AAR website as well as J3s site. Best of luck!

SpiraMirabilis 06-20-2012 03:46 AM

They also have Metros. Their policy is to dual qualify every pilot in at least 2 airframes. Could be Metro + Casa, Metro + Dash, Dash + Casa, Dash + Metro. Pay starts at $600/day for FOs, $625 after first deployment. (60 days on, 30 days off. Days off start when you get back to the states.)

The Juice 06-21-2012 10:33 AM

They also have Metros. Their policy is to dual qualify every pilot in at least 2 airframes. Could be Metro + Casa, Metro + Dash, Dash + Casa, Dash + Metro. Pay starts at $600/day for FOs, $625 after first deployment. (60 days on, 30 days off. Days off start when you get back to the states.)
Not quite. Dual qual is rare. You may see 235 guys who are typed in the 212 as well.

Pay has changed as of a few months back. Pay starts at $600 a day for 235/Dash pilots and $575 a day for 212/Metro pilots. Pay increases when PIC qualified, even though everyone is PIC typed. Annual pay bumps now and bonuses based on days on country.

SpiraMirabilis 06-22-2012 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Juice (Post 1216180)
Not quite. Dual qual is rare. You may see 235 guys who are typed in the 212 as well.

Pay has changed as of a few months back. Pay starts at $600 a day for 235/Dash pilots and $575 a day for 212/Metro pilots. Pay increases when PIC qualified, even though everyone is PIC typed. Annual pay bumps now and bonuses based on days on country.

Thanks for the correction. My friend just got hired on and he said they are going to dual qual everyone from now on. That might be something that he heard they said they "wanted" to do, rather than what they are actually going to do.