Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Military Drug History

Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Question Military Drug History

I know there are plenty of ex-military pilots on this forum and I could use your help. I just started a 135 job with a small startup in TN. Problem I am having is that last pesky piece of paperwork for my drug test history. I don't have a problem with drugs (in case you might be wondering), I am just having a problem getting someone to sign the the Form 8060-12 from my time in the Air Force. What's funny is, they gave me the results from all my drug screens, it's just that no one will sign the paper that says all was good during my years in service. I have gone through all the channels at my last duty station, I have gone through the National Records in St Louis, and everyone keeps giving me the "It's not my job, but contact this person......." or "I am not authorized to sign that....." or (fill in the bureacratic blank).

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it more than you could imagine.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by docmcbride View Post
I know there are plenty of ex-military pilots on this forum and I could use your help. I just started a 135 job with a small startup in TN. Problem I am having is that last pesky piece of paperwork for my drug test history. I don't have a problem with drugs (in case you might be wondering), I am just having a problem getting someone to sign the the Form 8060-12 from my time in the Air Force. What's funny is, they gave me the results from all my drug screens, it's just that no one will sign the paper that says all was good during my years in service. I have gone through all the channels at my last duty station, I have gone through the National Records in St Louis, and everyone keeps giving me the "It's not my job, but contact this person......." or "I am not authorized to sign that....." or (fill in the bureacratic blank).

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it more than you could imagine.
What is this form? I've never heard of it.
The proof that your drug tests were clean in the military is the fact that you don't have a courts martial!

USMCFLYR
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

I have never heard of such a form.. not saying it doesnt exist, but in my last couple drug tested jobs my previous military time was never an issue on this subject.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Self employed

Why are you involved at all. That drug paperwork should come from the new airline to the former employer who had a reason to test you for drugs. You shouldn't be in that chain.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Form 8060-12 is an FAA form. As you already know, FAA and DOD don't operate the same. Your start up job, must be run by some chisel head that doesn't get it.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Cargo Man View Post
Form 8060-12 is an FAA form. As you already know, FAA and DOD don't operate the same. Your start up job, must be run by some chisel head that doesn't get it.
AH! I probably had to fill this form out then.
The FAA sent me for drug testing / screening, but wanted absolutely nothing to do with any military records.

Are there even records of your military drug testing other than possibly the form you signed after submitting your sample, and that isn't something that a person is going to have access too.

USMCFLYR
Old 03-06-2011, 05:33 PM
New Hire

Actually, I was just trying to help him out and take some of the paperwork burden off of him. He was a one man show until he contracted me. From what we have been told by the FAA, we have to go back 5 years in employment history, and that includes my last year in the Air Force.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
New Hire

We have the drug test records from my last duty station. I am still trying to find a contact at Brooks Medical Center in San Antonio TX to see who might be able to authorize or sign this information. I guess you are right that since I wasn't court martialled and voluntarily separated during a force reduction, I should be in the clear.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:38 PM
New Hire

I was just trying to help a one man show by taking some of the burden off of him on paperwork.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Doc,

Military service does not require a PRIA submission.

From AC120-68E

3-6. PILOTS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT AFTER COMPLETING MILITARY DUTY. PRIA does not require prior employment records to be requested or provided for a pilot who has been an active member of any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, the National Guard, or a reserve component of the U.S. Armed Forces for all or part of the previous 5-year period. You must still, however, query the FAA and NDR, and former employers other than the military.