Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   L-3/Dynamic/Avenge (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/60786-l-3-dynamic-avenge.html)

BadaBing83 04-24-2012 09:45 AM

Ok... I am know I am playing with the big dogs here. I am a CFI with 850 TT and 410 Multi. I am flight instructing with a school that will allow me to build even more multi time quickly. I am open to Dynamic and its life style. I am curious on what route would one take on become in competitive and considered for one of their low time positions.

PS There is a position open for them right now:

http://guardreservejobs.com/viewprof...le&id_vac=2936

Any good feed back. Thanks gents!

Dragon7 04-26-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by BadaBing83 (Post 1174964)
Ok... I am know I am playing with the big dogs here. I am a CFI with 850 TT and 410 Multi. I am flight instructing with a school that will allow me to build even more multi time quickly. I am open to Dynamic and its life style. I am curious on what route would one take on become in competitive and considered for one of their low time positions.

PS There is a position open for them right now:

Job Search, Employment & Careers Site. Find Jobs. Build a Better Career.

Any good feed back. Thanks gents!

Apply!

Dynamic Aviation :: Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance First Officer (CONUS) - ID1337161

What can you lose?

BBJay 05-03-2012 01:40 AM

Does anyone know if Dynamic cares if one lived overseas between rotations?

tworotor7 05-03-2012 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by BBJay (Post 1180951)
Does anyone know if Dynamic cares if one lived overseas between rotations?

They don't care, many guys do that to save on taxes.

flynaz32 05-12-2012 08:16 AM

Dragon, don't suppose you have any idea what the "special handshake" is to get your foot in the door with L3 or Avenge is, do you? I was contacted last summer by a recruiter from L3, actually Aerotek was doing the recruiting, and she was going to bring me on, but then there was some sort of contract issue with State Department, and the job fell through, and since then, I can get a phone call, email, smoke signal, nada!!! I have also applied to Avenge many times, and nothing back from them either. I am well over any mins any of them have and have been PIC in the KA for years, had previous clearance, and nothing. Any advice?

Dragon7 05-12-2012 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by flynaz32 (Post 1186798)
Dragon, don't suppose you have any idea what the "special handshake" is to get your foot in the door with L3 or Avenge is, do you? I was contacted last summer by a recruiter from L3, actually Aerotek was doing the recruiting, and she was going to bring me on, but then there was some sort of contract issue with State Department, and the job fell through, and since then, I can get a phone call, email, smoke signal, nada!!! I have also applied to Avenge many times, and nothing back from them either. I am well over any mins any of them have and have been PIC in the KA for years, had previous clearance, and nothing. Any advice?

Do you know anybody there? The trick seems to be somebody inside mentioning you to CP. Because of 3 year rough turnover cycle of pilots they are always hiring, but personal rec is seemingly required.

flynaz32 05-12-2012 03:05 PM

No, unfortunately I do not. I know people at DynCorp, but that is about it. They contacted me a few weeks ago for a 1900 position, but I could not get my paperwork turned in on time. I had just moved and did not have my DD214 available, by the time I got it to them, they had already hired the pilots that they needed. I was told to just keep on looking and to apply for any future positions. I would like L3 or Avenge, as they seem to be the better paying as well as overall better companies as far as I can tell. Thank you for the quick reply though. Very much appreciated.

Locke 05-12-2012 04:53 PM

If you don't know anyone over at L3 your chances of getting hired are very small. Of all the people in the last couple new hire classes, all of them had someone walk their resume in.

I don't know how Avenge is, but what you could do is apply over at Dynamic and walk across the street to the other companies once you're overseas.

Dragon7 05-13-2012 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by flynaz32 (Post 1186984)
No, unfortunately I do not. I know people at DynCorp, but that is about it. They contacted me a few weeks ago for a 1900 position, but I could not get my paperwork turned in on time. I had just moved and did not have my DD214 available, by the time I got it to them, they had already hired the pilots that they needed. I was told to just keep on looking and to apply for any future positions. I would like L3 or Avenge, as they seem to be the better paying as well as overall better companies as far as I can tell. Thank you for the quick reply though. Very much appreciated.

Do you have a linkedin profile? Build one then search for L-3 or Avenge employees. Bet you know one. Get some more posts and i can PM you some other info.

Natca 05-15-2012 06:00 AM

Since the previous post have been deleted, does any one have info on the hiring process at L-3 i.e. gouge, length, number of interviews and test?