Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Question - CASS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ATR72-FO
Default Airnet Question - CASS

I was wondering if anyone know how the CASS ability works through Airnet. They say they have travel options with a few airlines, and i was a lil curious as to which airlines they work with, and how it works. My knowledge is a lil light on it, i'm pretty sure with the airlines, if your airline is a participant you can ride standby, or you can ride jumpseat on aircraft that have a jumpseat in the cockpit. Is that true? Or is it still applicatble to Airnet also? I know they have their JetRide subsidary...

Well anyway, i'm a lil curious about a few of these questions. Never really considered the Cargo side of the industry with any real seriousness, and i'll have to admit, i am a lil bit of a ***** who's looking forward to the free travel benefits as well. Any info?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ATR72-FO

Ugh, i really hate to bump this myself. Does anyone have any info on how general 'jumpseating' works in the airlines? If not in this particular instance? The CASS system is a verification system right?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737 Captain
Default Jumpseat

Originally Posted by avengre View Post
Ugh, i really hate to bump this myself. Does anyone have any info on how general 'jumpseating' works in the airlines? If not in this particular instance? The CASS system is a verification system right?
You are correct. See this for more detailed info.

http://www.arinc.com/news/2006/02-23b-06.html

CASS is simply there to identify you electronically and determine your eligibility to ride in the cockpit. The individual airlines approved list will ultimately determine if you ride or not even if your airline is a CASS participant. It is quite expensive I hear to participate in CASS, I have heard $200k per month in costs. Think of CASS as a pass to the cockpit seat. If CASS doesn't like you, you may still have the option, depending on airline, to take a seat in the cabin.