Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: C172, PA28, PA44...Right
Default Ameriflight Internship

Hey guys, new the forum, and yes I currently attend Riddle-Prescott. I have read the beef Riddle gets and I assure you, I don't have an attitude problem (unless someone bashes on my NFL team, then I get pretty heated, haha). It actually flusters me to see guys at this school that think they are all that. Anyways, I'm in my second year (junior status) and I'm working on my instrument rating. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if Ameriflight offers internships. I've been in close touch with my career services advisor and he's working at it too and for the most part is unsure. I've had my eyes set on Ameriflight for a little while now because I've read about the work schedule and believe it or not I like it because I'm very independent and work well when I'm on my own. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Nick-
ERAUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat
Default Internships

ERAUdude,

AMF doesn't have a traditional internship program. AMF has an FO "pay to play" program through Eagle Jet Int'l (www.eaglejet.net). AMF also hires training captains to give Part 91 instruction to new hires. Training captains are usually pilots with their CFI, CFII, and or MEI and usually don't have the 135 mins. Once they get the mins then they have the option to upgrade to a line position and a lot of time they also become an online training captain.
freightdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: C172, PA28, PA44...Right

Thanks for the reply freightdog, do you think there's any chance of possibly doing a self-created internship with AMF?
ERAUdude is offline   Reply With Quote