Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Solairus Aviation

Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Part Time

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Chief Pilot PC-12NG
Default Solairus Aviation

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to find additional information about Solairus Aviation for some time now. The only information I've found has been on their website. I haven't been able to dig up anything else on any other sites at all, almost like there's a social media blackout on the company.

Guess I've been looking for the same questions that everyone else asks about a certain company (QOL, pay, schedule......)

I'm not expecting much, but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: C150 - Left

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 View Post
Hello everyone.

I've been trying to find additional information about Solairus Aviation for some time now. The only information I've found has been on their website. I haven't been able to dig up anything else on any other sites at all, almost like there's a social media blackout on the company.

Guess I've been looking for the same questions that everyone else asks about a certain company (QOL, pay, schedule......)

I'm not expecting much, but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
It is the former Sunset. The 135 management company. Same people from what I understand, just re-badged. I knew two different crews who worked for Sunset and they seemed to be ok, but both planes were managed owner aircraft and the crews only flew for those planes.

I don't know why sunset went away, but the rumor was that they were not paying their bills to aircraft owners.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Had a buddy work there on the Challenger 604 said they needed if i remember correctly 5000TT to sling gear.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: captain

To sling gear these days in a challenger you need a little more than 5000tt. Like 5000tt in 500in type, Preferably current and qualified.