Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Cape Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/7480-cape-air.html)

UNDGUY 12-10-2006 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Sac (Post 90008)
We are currently interviewing and hiring for classes in Jan, Feb, March and April.

Competitive Mins ATP, we will hire you if you are short on time and help you get the time you need to get your ATP. We ask for a season commitment or a year if we help you get your ATP.

You can spend the summer on the Cape and go to San Juan for the Winter, it is a lot of fun and great people to work with. The money is not the greatest, but with OT you can make a living. It is a steady paycheck and you learn some great skills.

If you have any other questions contact Gene Smith via [email protected]

The Sack

Exactly how short is "short on time." I know Airnet will let you do the SIC thing with 900 hours or so until you get the 1200.

Capn Sac 12-10-2006 03:13 PM

1350 TT might be acceptable. Send us a resume.

How to make money in year one at Cape Air????

12.8 * 35 hrs(Min in Trning)* 7 wks (trning) = 3136
12.8 * 40 hrs * 25 wks = 12800
12.8 * 1.5 OT * 10 hrs * 25 wks = 4800
12.8 + 3.00 Carib over ride * 40 hrs * 20 wks (in Carib) = 12640
15.8 * 1.5 OT * 10 hrs * 20 wks = 4740
Plus 4500 Gross Bonus to go Carib = 4500

Total Year one working 50 duty hours every week after training and spending four months in the Carib is 42,616.00 as a 402 Capt. You can do the math and figure it any way you want. These are the honest numbers. You can work less or more. I average 60-65 duty hours per week. Most folks do around 45 hrs. It is a good honest livinig for those who want it. I enjoy being home evey night as opposed to beiing on the road 14-18 days a month to make 70,000 k a year as a Capt on an RJ??? (Estimate). Everyone has there own ideas and angles this one works for me.

We pay for your hotel while you are in training and after IOE you must get your own housing.

I have been here almost 8 years and do better than most 15 yr RJ Capts at other Regionals.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.

The Sack

DiamondFlyer 12-10-2006 04:16 PM

Do you think 1250 TT and 160 ME might get me an interview? I applied about a week ago on airlineapps, hoping to hear back....

Capn Sac 12-13-2006 08:05 AM

It is possible. A phone call to Gene Smith may help. It would be helpful if we think we could upgrade you prior to May of '07.

The Sack

pilot_468 12-13-2006 10:03 AM

How about 1200tt, 100me and SIC type in a CE-550B all under part 135?

Capn Sac 12-13-2006 04:37 PM

Send the resume. It can't hurt. We need pilots now and for the upcoming season. If you are too far out of the park continue building time and reapply when you get your ATP.

The Sack

belliott 12-13-2006 06:50 PM

Now I would think with their SIC program that they would try to snag more lower time pilots and train them (or at least give them the opportunity to gain the experience) necessary to be good single pilot operators. I think it is ridiculous that you need almost 1400TT to qualify for the right seat. FWIW what crap!

Capn Sac 12-14-2006 05:02 PM

We want them ready for the summer. If they are too low on time it is a large investment before they can upgrade. It is something we are trying, don't be a tool with your comments. If you don't want to come work here, then don't. We don't need a lot of copilot's for the a/c and this is a way to get some folks on the property early, before they go somewhere else. Next fall we may do this with a 1000 hr pilot, who knows?

The Sack

belliott 12-15-2006 01:02 PM

I am not being a tool with my comments... in fact that was the first post I have ever made that has shown an indication of negativity. I am completely neutral and unbiased as far as whom I would or would not work for. I might just enjoy working at Cape Air as anyone else but the fact remains that if you want people to fly in a manner that you want you should train them. I do not believe that taking a 600TT pilot and training him until he reaches ATP mins is to be too much of a burden. If Cape Air believes that it is a burden to have lower time pilots in the right seat gleaning experience then I would question their commitment to safety.
CAVEAT EMPTOR: This is not flambait... nor is it to instigate any hate of anyone or their respective company. I am simply stating my opinions and as anyone can see they are not directed toward individuals. I ask that you show the same respect. Thank you.

AVIVIII 12-15-2006 01:30 PM

Quick side track-
Where do they base out of? Do I have to go to HYA every day or can I get my plane somewhere else? I currently live in SErn NH and would be greatly opposed to moving to the Commonwealth...