Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Mokulele Airlines (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/83477-mokulele-airlines.html)

Gapilot 01-25-2017 07:39 PM

about logging SIC in a single pilot aircraft

From what I have read in the FAR 135 rule book (however always check with a lawyer that good in understanding this stuff that FAA comes out with that make it hard to understand), if the company that files for a 135 ops with the FAA can submit to the FAA stating they want to have a second person on board as part of the OPS Spec even though the plane only require one pilot. If the FAA comes back and give their blessing to the company filing for the 135 operations, then it is consider part of the flight hours for the sic in to log PIC time or any time even though they are a body warmer.

Maybe some of you other pilots that been flying longer then me might have a better idea then me. That is what I have read from the FAR book and heard from other people that have two pilots in single pilot aircraft. It sad it one of the hardest part to understand how the logging of the time can be log when you have two pilots. (Especially correct me if I am wrong because I rather make sure I have a good understand it when I get ready to go for a 135 company that has a single pilot rated aircraft that uses two pilots on it.)

ianred 02-14-2017 08:18 PM

Anyone hear anything? Been a couple weeks now for me.

Javichu 02-14-2017 08:19 PM

Almost 3 months for me. Keep applying everywhere

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

yrbroom 02-17-2017 10:32 AM

interview

Recently got a promising email from one of the top guys at Mokulele. Curious if anyone could PM info on a phone interview, since that seems like the first step in all of this.

Thanks!

Javichu 02-17-2017 10:53 AM

No promising emails sorry. It may call or they may not after that. We are a bunch of pilots in that pool and nothing happened

yrbroom 02-17-2017 11:38 AM

Right, I'm in the pool. But I just spoke to someone else about an interview though so I'm just asking.

Javichu 02-17-2017 11:39 AM

Then it's more than an email. After the pool email normally you get a call from the chief pilot

42ER 03-02-2017 07:08 AM

A friend of mine got a class date in March, so I would suggest updating/sending your resume again if you are still swimming in the pool.

Best of luck!

Javichu 03-02-2017 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 42ER (Post 2312164)
A friend of mine got a class date in March, so I would suggest updating/sending your resume again if you are still swimming in the pool.

Best of luck!

I'm gonna try, one last time haha. it'll be number 7-8 or so :)

pocho 03-02-2017 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 42ER (Post 2312164)

Best of luck!

What were their times?