Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/87189-boutique-air.html)

trc8301 10-28-2016 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by hawk21 (Post 2233401)
I'm kinda old school so when I went through training they put us up in the Staybridge Suites that gave us breakfast and dinner every day. We would go next door to Ruby Tuesday for lunch.

In the current ground school, they are doing both. Some are at the house, and some at that hotel.

TreeShade 10-28-2016 06:31 PM

Hi folks! Curious how many PC-12s Boutique is flying right now and what different variants they have. Are any them the NG model with the Honeywell Primus Apex suite.

flydaho 10-28-2016 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by TreeShade (Post 2233656)
Hi folks! Curious how many PC-12s Boutique is flying right now and what different variants they have. Are any them the NG model with the Honeywell Primus Apex suite.

...why you wanna know :cool:

N993T 10-29-2016 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by TreeShade (Post 2233656)

I believe that we currently have 16 PC12's with two more on the way. Don't take that as gospel, though.

No NGs. All are either 45 or 47 model.

LATIN 10-30-2016 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by hawk21 (Post 2233401)
I'm kinda old school so when I went through training they put us up in the Staybridge Suites that gave us breakfast and dinner every day. We would go next door to Ruby Tuesday for lunch.

That place was nice , I went thru there as well. I remember free food and beer on certain days. I don't like the whole crew house deal.

hawk21 10-31-2016 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by LATIN (Post 2234314)
That place was nice , I went thru there as well. I remember free food and beer on certain days. I don't like the whole crew house deal.

If you're at Staybridge, take advantage of the free beer. They usually have a really good local one on tap. There was also a really good bar right across the street we went to after ground to "celebrate".

thenewguyhere 11-01-2016 01:42 PM

A few notes if you're trying to come to BTQ, especially DEN based:

Lately moral has taken a serious downward spiral in DEN, with even some of the brand new crews wanting out. As these things always are, it's 50% actual legitimate complaints, and 50% flight crews *****ing to each other and hyping the issues. Knowing what to expect will solve the latter part.

The schedule sucks in DEN, and will for the foreseeable future. Promises of imminent improvement by management only serve to make it seem even worse when they're not lived up to. Best policy is to come in knowing that you'll probably fly 12-17 constant duty overnight shifts per month. A lot of your days off come one at a time, and the 4 on / 3 off thing is fantasy. That way, you could only be pleasantly surprised. Some CDOs involve 12-15 hours of duty for 2-4 hours of flight time. You only get paid for flight time. BTW, they cut pay for day off flying in half if you exceed min guarantee (most crew in DEN do). No biggie, just don't fly on days off.

Seniority has no affect on scheduling, only on bidding a new base. This month, 3 senior FOs work on Thanksgiving, 3 of the most junior have it off.

There's not a lot of support for the pilot group from management, dispatch, or anyone else. Just make sure you're the type that can deal with that. Be flexible, take each day as it comes, and focus on why you're here and you'll have a great time. The routes are fun, PC12 is amazingly capable and easy. Our GOM relies heavily on crews that can make critical decisions every day. The safety, quality of life, etc is mostly a matter of attitude and expectations. I still like it here because I can manage expectations and stand my ground.

Hope that helps.

GreenWater 11-01-2016 04:22 PM

Anyone have a phone interview recently that can provide a current gouge? I have seen all of the other gouges from months past but was really wanting to hear from someone who has interviewed recently.

Is flight training done in the aircraft or sim?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike sierra 11-01-2016 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by GreenWater (Post 2236065)
Anyone have a phone interview recently that can provide a current gouge? I have seen all of the other gouges from months past but was really wanting to hear from someone who has interviewed recently.

Is flight training done in the aircraft or sim?

Thanks!

Did you get a call?? I have been trying but no success

GreenWater 11-01-2016 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by mike sierra (Post 2236080)
Did you get a call?? I have been trying but no success

I got an email asking for availability. They said they will confirm a date and time once I submit the form.