Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Boutique Air - Updated Info (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/99364-boutique-air-updated-info.html)

FJFP 06-14-2018 03:36 PM

Hey guys. Quick questions. I’m currently sitting at 470TT with 235 x-country 64 instrument (actual & simulated) and 35 night. I expect to be at 500 by next month. Also I also have spatial disorientation training in a GAT-II and I’ve done hypoxia training. Im student at Embry-Riddle and won’t graduate till December. Training in progress is tailwheel transition and upset recovery training. Moving to Denver in January.

Should I wait until I have 500TT? What are my chances of getting an interview?

peaches 06-14-2018 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by FJFP (Post 2614584)
Hey guys. Quick questions. I’m currently sitting at 470TT with 235 x-country 64 instrument (actual & simulated) and 35 night. I expect to be at 500 by next month. Also I also have spatial disorientation training in a GAT-II and I’ve done hypoxia training. Im student at Embry-Riddle and won’t graduate till December. Training in progress is tailwheel transition and upset recovery training. Moving to Denver in January.

Id apply now so you can get in the 2000+ pilot waiting line.

tonsterboy5 06-14-2018 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by FJFP (Post 2614584)

That’s about when I applied, I got a thanks but no thanks about 6 months later after I had 800 hours. I didn’t have their “preferred mins” I know another guy who applied at 500 interviewed around 700 and was offered a job a few months later, after starting something else. I guess they like wasting time and money on HR. They haven’t figured out moving fast is best. I would be willing to bet for every 100 job offers they give only 3-4 are still available.

recondrifter 08-16-2018 02:07 PM

New contract?

So anyone else hear about the 2 year 14k agreement? Last I heard it was one year and 10k.

skydreamer2015 08-16-2018 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by recondrifter (Post 2656448)
So anyone else hear about the 2 year 14k agreement? Last I heard it was one year and 10k.

For real?? Where did you hear this? Reliable source? It’s been pretty quiet from the Boutique camp lately...

Azorian 08-19-2018 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by recondrifter (Post 2656448)

havnt heard anything of the sort honestly.

Some king air flying has moved to Dallas to cover the Clovis run. but thats about all the latest news is that im aware of.

Toddzilla 08-19-2018 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Azorian (Post 2657996)
havnt heard anything of the sort honestly.

Some king air flying has moved to Dallas to cover the Clovis run. but thats about all the latest news is that im aware of.

Happy to hear Dallas finally got their king air instead of sending their pilots to Denver to fly them! lol

Azorian 08-19-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Toddzilla (Post 2658008)
Happy to hear Dallas finally got their king air instead of sending their pilots to Denver to fly them! lol

A lot of this going on actually, i have noticed that Boutique spends untold sums of money commuting pilots from one base to another on confirmed seats and put them up in hotels so they can in turn fly in bases where they are short staffed. i recently covered some flying in another base, and between the airfare, and hotel stay they easily spent half a PIC monthly salary just putting captains where they need them to fly. (supposedly they have 100 applications per month, why not hire some of these folks into the short staffed bases?) i honestly cannot imagine what this is costing the company per year to do this.

according to open time the short staffed bases tend to be LAX, ATL, BOS, and PHX more than anywhere else. Never really see open time for Portland, Minneapolis or Dallas

if you are very junior at all, be prepared to be hired into the base of your choice... thats the good bait... but the switch is you are going to spend a lot of time commuting out and flying in every single base except the one you hired into (other than maybe a trip here and there).

not that would be a super big deal for me personally, but for others it might be.

never worked for a company that did things that way before... with most companies for example, if you are ATL based and you are on reserve, you are covering ATL flying on reserve. end of story.

Boutique on the other hand will send you anywhere to fly any trip, any time, regardless of what base you are sitting reserve in.

trc8301 08-19-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Azorian (Post 2658095)
Boutique on the other hand will send you anywhere to fly any trip, any time, regardless of what base you are sitting reserve in.

Not sure who you have worked for but at least at the 121 I work for, I've been called in to the airport deadhead to another base to fly a flight our of another crew base. It's not that unheard of.

Azorian 08-19-2018 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by trc8301 (Post 2658124)
Not sure who you have worked for but at least at the 121 I work for, I've been called in to the airport deadhead to another base to fly a flight our of another crew base. It's not that unheard of.

prior 121 ive worked for could do that to you, but it was normally a TDY stint that would see you sitting in the new base for a week or two, perhaps the whole month.

If you had reserve for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and you were LAX based... if the phone rang at 7am, you could bank on getting an LAX originating trip for the day, or an overnight originating out of LAX. If you were deadheaded out to cover another base, its only because they ran out of reserves there and had a sufficient number in your home base and could afford to lose you.

with boutique, and i am not complaining here so dont get me wrong, just pointing out the differences... you can just about count on flying out of every base but your own. not so much for FOs, but definitely for PICs

if you're like me, its whatever. its what i signed up for.

but it might not be something other folks want to contend with.

So for anyone who is applying at boutique because you can get a crew base in Atlanta 15 minutes from your living room and are stoked about all this flying you are going to be doing in your own back yard... think again... you are rarely going to fly where you are based, at least for a few months.

the good news is, i have received enough post cards from regionals in the last couple of months to almost wall paper my whole man cave... so supposedly theres a lot of hiring going on:D