Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #21  
Line Holder
 
mrjiggs287's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Learnin' the 121 ropes
Posts: 79
Default

AWAC just required the First Class and they do the DOT golden flow after the interview if you are offered the job.

As a side question...I am 43 and am going broke trying to keep my First Class renewed every six months while making peanuts waiting for the big guys to call. Of course I can fly as a FO for my current airline on a Second Class. Anyone have any thoughts on the criticality of keeping my First Class up to date for major and legacy apps? Anyone get an interview invite with a lapsed First Class?
mrjiggs287 is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 07:24 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dan64456's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjiggs287 View Post
AWAC just required the First Class and they do the DOT golden flow after the interview if you are offered the job.

As a side question...I am 43 and am going broke trying to keep my First Class renewed every six months while making peanuts waiting for the big guys to call. Of course I can fly as a FO for my current airline on a Second Class. Anyone have any thoughts on the criticality of keeping my First Class up to date for major and legacy apps? Anyone get an interview invite with a lapsed First Class?
Drug test I can understand.. Did they do any color vision testing?

Thx
Dan64456 is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 08:26 AM   #23  
Prime Minister/Moderator
Thread Starter
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 29,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjiggs287 View Post
AWAC just required the First Class and they do the DOT golden flow after the interview if you are offered the job.

As a side question...I am 43 and am going broke trying to keep my First Class renewed every six months while making peanuts waiting for the big guys to call. Of course I can fly as a FO for my current airline on a Second Class. Anyone have any thoughts on the criticality of keeping my First Class up to date for major and legacy apps? Anyone get an interview invite with a lapsed First Class?
Yes, you must have a current 1C on your application for every airline that I have heard of. Since the applications require the date of the medical, my understanding is that they automatically filter out any applications where the 1C date is > six months past.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #24  
Line Holder
 
mrjiggs287's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Learnin' the 121 ropes
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan64456 View Post
Drug test I can understand.. Did they do any color vision testing?

Thx
I do not recall a color vision test at AWAC. Just the one with the AME for the first class.
mrjiggs287 is offline  
Old 12-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #25  
Line Holder
 
mrjiggs287's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Learnin' the 121 ropes
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Yes, you must have a current 1C on your application for every airline that I have heard of. Since the applications require the date of the medical, my understanding is that they automatically filter out any applications where the 1C date is > six months past.
OK, thanks rickair777. I called the nearest AME and he is checking his appointment calendar to see when he can get me in.
mrjiggs287 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAA Medical Records and Interview taf158 Career Questions 7 01-25-2015 09:51 AM
My Story/Plan Having ADD AAL763 Pilot Health 15 08-05-2014 03:31 PM
Indian First Class Medicals for Expats captjns Foreign 1 03-10-2011 11:34 AM
Upgrade Question (medical cert.) KnightFlyer Cargo 3 09-21-2007 05:40 PM
Deferred medical fatmike69 Pilot Health 2 09-03-2007 05:07 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 AM.