Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Safety
NASCAR Pilots long history of crashes >

NASCAR Pilots long history of crashes

Notices
Safety Accidents, suggestions on improving safety, etc

NASCAR Pilots long history of crashes

Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
CommutR4Life's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: In front of my computer
Posts: 230
Default NASCAR Pilots long history of crashes

Anyone else see a trend here?! This is not the first time Roush has crashed a plane. How does he still have an FAA Pilots certificate? people have been 709'ed for way less. The NTSB says almost all of them were 'avoidable', so what gives with these guys?!?




NASCAR has long history of plane crashes to deal with - Racing - ESPN


Jack Roush's Plane Crash | Celebrity Photos | TMZ.com

Last edited by CommutR4Life; 08-14-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: title
CommutR4Life is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 19,267
Default

The Nascar teams have long hired their pilots on a friends and family basis. I think that is changing and they are starting to get more professional in that regard.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:50 AM
  #3  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 139 Operations Department. Watching Others Fly
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
The Nascar teams have long hired their pilots on a friends and family basis. I think that is changing and they are starting to get more professional in that regard.

The issue here isnt where the pilots are coming from. Jack Roush WAS the pilot in both incidents. I hate to admit it but is it possible just like everything else government controlled MONEY talks?????

Just a theory how much does he contribute annually to the FAA or any other organizations. I woul dlike to think other wise but the facts are hard to ignore here as COMMUTR brought up.
EAndres1486 is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 143
Default

Originally Posted by EAndres1486 View Post
The issue here isnt where the pilots are coming from. Jack Roush WAS the pilot in both incidents. I hate to admit it but is it possible just like everything else government controlled MONEY talks?????

Just a theory how much does he contribute annually to the FAA or any other organizations. I woul dlike to think other wise but the facts are hard to ignore here as COMMUTR brought up.
How does one "contribute annually" to the FAA ?
frankwasright is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 PM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 143
Default

Originally Posted by CommutR4Life View Post
Anyone else see a trend here?! This is not the first time Roush has crashed a plane. How does he still have an FAA Pilots certificate? people have been 709'ed for way less. The NTSB says almost all of them were 'avoidable', so what gives with these guys?!?




NASCAR has long history of plane crashes to deal with - Racing - ESPN


Jack Roush's Plane Crash | Celebrity Photos | TMZ.com
Uh,well,no...Going all the way back to 1970 ? Mark Martin's father crashes and it's a "NASCAR crash" ? Gimme a break ! How about politicians ? John Tower,John Hienz,Paul Wellstone,Mel Carnahan,SC Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer and now Ted Stevens...Looks like a trend!
frankwasright is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 02:48 PM
  #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 139 Operations Department. Watching Others Fly
Posts: 52
Default

Maybe not necessarily the FAA but maybe certain senators??? Maybe another political lobbyng body??? FAA was just the first organization that popped into my head.
EAndres1486 is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:36 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side
Posts: 1,373
Default

Originally Posted by EAndres1486 View Post
The issue here isnt where the pilots are coming from. Jack Roush WAS the pilot in both incidents. I hate to admit it but is it possible just like everything else government controlled MONEY talks?????
How exactly do you hire a professional pilot for an Aircam? The whole point of an Aircam would be defeated by having someone fly the thing for you. Could he have had a professional pilot on the Premier, sure. But an Aircam, please.
KSCessnaDriver is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:42 PM
  #8  
Day puke
 
FlyJSH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.
Posts: 3,865
Default

Originally Posted by frankwasright View Post
How does one "contribute annually" to the FAA ?
Federal Income Tax.
FlyJSH is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 AM
  #9  
China Visa Applicant
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Midfield downwind
Posts: 1,919
Default

7 crashes in 40 years is something to 'deal with'?

ESPN, stick with what ya know (and that's not aviation).
Hacker15e is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,190
Default

Originally Posted by frankwasright View Post
Uh,well,no...Going all the way back to 1970 ? Mark Martin's father crashes and it's a "NASCAR crash" ? Gimme a break ! How about politicians ? John Tower,John Hienz,Paul Wellstone,Mel Carnahan,SC Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer and now Ted Stevens...Looks like a trend!
Who was the politicians wife that sued Cessna for like $89 Mil (and won), because her son couldn't fly parial panel IMC and augered in with himself and his dad (said politician on board)? I think it was a C-340 and if I remember correctly it was out of annual, or hadn't had it's 2 year IMC certification???
Grumble is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jonathanpaul
Pilot Health
19
09-08-2010 04:29 AM
Whacker77
Major
70
10-16-2009 06:54 PM
dgoldenc
Union Talk
1
10-03-2009 04:06 AM
cactiboss
Major
87
10-03-2008 02:24 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices