Air Wisconsin Airman trainee program/intern

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to
Quote: Hey guys had a question. A friend of mine resigned from the Airman Trainee program to go to another regional airline and was charged around $400 for travel expenses. They were a trainee for around a year. I believe this was from transporting them for the interview and and for orientation. Has anyone else had to pay this?
It might be for the $50 enrollment fee per person for the travel benefits. They are VERY clear that they will deduct this from pay but I haven't seen this, so it might be them messing up the deduction and looking for the money back.
What are the minimums you are expected to fly per month as a trainee?
Quote: What are the minimums you are expected to fly per month as a trainee?
Is this a legitimate question or are you trolling cuz...
Quote: Is this a legitimate question or are you trolling cuz...
That's a legitimate question. They aren't going to continue to pay you 100$ a month if you never fly a day in your life as a CFI again.

They want to see that you are actively building time.

To answer the persons question: There is no set criteria # of hours a month you are expected to build. They just want to see that you're making reasonable progress. It's subjective, I suppose.
I just finished the process and got scheduled for orientation in August (I'm at 568h). Anybody else going?
Quote: I just finished the process and got scheduled for orientation in August (I'm at 568h). Anybody else going?
How long did it take after you submitted your background check for it to come back and get your orientation scheduled?
Application response times
After submitting an application online, how long does it take to hear back and get an interview set up?
It took 1 hour from dropping application to getting an interview set up. Just my experience.
Quote: After submitting an application online, how long does it take to hear back and get an interview set up?
Ohh the world we live in, not just you but seems all to common where people expect an interview for simply applying. I am honestly getting sick of this in every regional thread where someone is asking “I submitted on x day, when will they call me” not everyone will get an interview and as soon as people realize that this world will be a better place. Most regionals are filling classes, some for months out. This shortage that everyone speaks of hasn’t arrived in full swing yet.
Quote: Ohh the world we live in, not just you but seems all to common where people expect an interview for simply applying. I am honestly getting sick of this in every regional thread where someone is asking “I submitted on x day, when will they call me” not everyone will get an interview and as soon as people realize that this world will be a better place. Most regionals are filling classes, some for months out. This shortage that everyone speaks of hasn’t arrived in full swing yet.
Someone sounds bitter that they haven’t gotten a call. A few years back I updated my airline apps about 250 hours away from ATP mins. Got 4 calls that week to interview. One was less than 8 hours after I submitted the app. The shortage is here and all but the most selective regionals will call you back unless you have some kind of red flag.

The guy you’re relying to is simply trying to gauge if he’s going to even get a call. If everyone else is getting called the next day and this guy hasn’t heard anything in a month that’s intel he can use to figure out it’s probably not happening. Not everything is some kind of morality issue.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to