AE results

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 36
Go to
Quote: Apparently they haven’t heard of the concept to under-promise and over-deliver. If they had started by saying it’d take 2 weeks then get it out by this Friday everyone would be ecstatic.
I'm thinking they actually thought they could get it done and ran into issues with Bypasses and are trying to figure out the optimal solution. Seems the intent of BS's initial post was targeted at those selecting Bypass so I'm guessing that the hold up. Whatever the cause is it has changed the published results from Tuesday night all the way to Friday and there always is a chance of further delays

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: #fakenews.....
Hey I was right! I win the internet !
In all seriousness this should be a lesson for all. A lesson for them not to over hype the hell out of this thing. Complete power trip, They need to realize that these are life changing decisions we bid for whether it be an extra 100,000 dollars, moving home to your home base, or switching to international. This causes stress, stress causes you to be impatient and do stupid things like say stupid stuff on skyhub, all of this could have been avoided if there was just an ae release and an ae award when they were ready
Quote: I'm thinking they actually thought they could get it done and ran into issues with Bypasses and are trying to figure out the optimal solution. Seems the intent of BS's initial post was targeted at those selecting Bypass so I'm guessing that the hold up. Whatever the cause is it has changed the published results from Tuesday night all the way to Friday and there always is a chance of further delays

The problem is this highlights the fact that they manipulate the results to their advantage and unfortunately our PWA allows it. United and i’m sure AA gets their awards out fast since its all automated and they award what they post. At what point does the quest for the cheapest solution stop? Especially when you don’t even know if any further runs will even produce a cheaper result?
Quote: The problem is this highlights the fact that they manipulate the results to their advantage and unfortunately our PWA allows it. United and i’m sure AA gets their awards out fast since its all automated and they award what they post. At what point does the quest for the cheapest solution stop? Especially when you don’t even know if any further runs will even produce a cheaper result?
That's some very good points. Also with an AE this large someone above BS in Flight Ops might have said not optimal enough keep running different solutions. Definitely something that should be addressed in the next contract.

Quote: They should know it’s better to under promise and over deliver. It’s all about managing expectations.
Sage advice. (Sounds like you’ve explained to the pax a maintenance delay before!)
Quote: Sage advice. (Sounds like you’ve explained to the pax a maintenance delay before!)
That and I have a wife.
Quote: That and I have a wife.
Mainly this.
Quote: It's all fun and games until someone puts an angry post on Skyhub.

Exercise caution. Step away from the keyboard.
Ha! I’ve never been on there, and partly for that reason. Did someone bark?

My noon on Friday original guess is looking pretty good. ��
With a huge tech budget this year you’d think they could pay some programmers to write language that would analyze the results of the bid to find the cheapest solution. Or maybe even one program to do it all.
88b md?
88B...15ish from the bottom...likely getting MD’d?

Asking for a friend (who sits one line below me)
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 36
Go to