Silver Airways

Subscribe
96  146  186  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  206  246  296 
Page 196 of 683
Go to
Same here ..... Did the fancy regional thing loved it , had no complaints except not much of a future there that would help me get to a better place ..... It was time to move on
Quote: Sure man your right. Why be a capt on a turboprop in two years or less when you could spend the next 7 years at a "SUPER REGIONAL" waiting to build the same exact turbine multi PIC time... I don't know about you but I don't want to be a career regional pilot.
Really? I thought the wait at Silver was much longer than that since you have a lot of lifers from Alaska with the company?
Quote: Same here ..... Did the fancy regional thing loved it , had no complaints except not much of a future there that would help me get to a better place ..... It was time to move on
My point exactly.
Quote: Really? I thought the wait at Silver was much longer than that since you have a lot of lifers from Alaska with the company?
We do have lifers but we are growing so fast that I would honestly say that upgrade is about 2 years max at this point if not shorter. Its hard to tell with all the movement but 2 years would be a safe bet. Most of the people that are First Officers don't have the time to be captain or choose to stay in that position for quality of life.
Guys any class date for August month for new hire FO?
Quote: Guys any class date for August month for new hire FO?
August classes are scheduled. They are very busy though. We just took three more airplanes Friday, Dulles opens today and I heard it on good authority that puerto rico opens december (eagle pulling out) and there are 6 Saab 2000's coming. 5 from over seas and 1 domestic being purchased. They want at least one in puerto Rico in December / January.
Good news, let’s hope there is openings for August. SJU is a great place to live. 10 days still no phone call
Quote: August classes are scheduled. They are very busy though. We just took three more airplanes Friday, Dulles opens today and I heard it on good authority that puerto rico opens december (eagle pulling out) and there are 6 Saab 2000's coming. 5 from over seas and 1 domestic being purchased. They want at least one in puerto Rico in December / January.
Don't forget that Atlanta opened today as well.

I have heard that United wants us in Houston by the end of the year.
Saab 2000's huh lol
Quote: Saab 2000's huh lol
I heard it too but it's going to be expensive to train crews/get the paperwork in order...it's a completely new type.
96  146  186  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  206  246  296 
Page 196 of 683
Go to