Horizon Schedules

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
KingAirPIC, hiring has slowed for now. One Q400 class finishing right now, and it looks like 4 in the RJ just getting started. Maybe another class or two during the summer to cover attrition, but I wouldn't expect much hiring for the next few months, because the training department is too busy transitioning the Q200 SEA guys into the Q400. Also, we aren't growing. AAG calls it growth because the ASMs go up, but the fleet plan we have been shown has a net loss of three aircraft over the next two years. Some growth
Thanks Dash8. That's what I figured. Oh well, I'll put in the app and see what happens. I guess Skywest is the best bet to stay west coast now.
Cheers
Absolutely, submit an application. QX is a good company, with great bases and flying. Like I said, I don't think there will be a lot of hiring in the near future, but there should be some. If you have any contacts that can walk your resume in, it will help greatly.
That is something I don't have unfortunatly. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting a QX pilot or employee in over 3 years.
any other horizon pilots out there that wouldn't mind to chime in about there experience with horizon, typically how many days off a month, do you fly more 2, 3, or 4 days trips, how often you are away from home? thanks again!
Quote: any other horizon pilots out there that wouldn't mind to chime in about there experience with horizon, typically how many days off a month, do you fly more 2, 3, or 4 days trips, how often you are away from home? thanks again!
We have a 35 day bid (5 weeks). Reserve lines are 5 on, 2 off, 3 times in the bid, and 4 on, 3 off for two weeks of the bid. This equals 12 off in a bid. You get the same two days of the week off for the whole bid, ie Friday/Saturday, etc. Typically you're gone 1-3 nights a week. Depending on coverage, you can go 3 weeks without a call. Last bid I only spent 3 nights in a hotel, and worked 8 days. But average would be working at approximately 70% of your reserve days. I bid only reserve because it is truly a part-time job, and I'm home a lot more nights than if I bid a line.

Regular lines are built with a minimum of 13 days off, but they are driven mostly by credit hour. Average lines are 14-15 days off per 35 day bid. Most trips are 4 days. Thus 3 nights a week in a hotel. There are a few 2 and 3 day trips.

Overall, my experience is it has been a good place to work. Hope this helps.
Who should I address my cover letter to?
Quote: Who should I address my cover letter to?
check your PM
Quote: That is something I don't have unfortunatly. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting a QX pilot or employee in over 3 years.
Call the QX interview line: 800-451-0222 x 44507 (Kim Powers)
Quote: Call the QX interview line: 800-451-0222 x 44507 (Kim Powers)
Kim no longer works here.. She is at Frontier since semptember
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to