San Diego

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: OOH-RAH MCRD!
How did you manage to get that picture?

USMCFLYR
If you're climbing out of SAN you can see MCRD out your right window.
Those are excellent photos. I've always wanted to live in California, the only downside is it's California :/
You stay classy San Diego
Everyone's comments are correct. Miramar was also "hot" while we were there; I have no clue who or what uses Miramar these days, but I kept seeing fighter jets flying sideways or upside down; it was awfully tempting sometimes to do the same thing.
Did you see me wave?
Quote: The approach to 28L is MYF - been there.

At the top right of the first photo I see MCAS Miramar. The old Top Gun school back when the Navy was there.

Pete
Yep....I see it.
Also see San Diego International and NAS North Island in post #4, picture numbers 2 and 3.

USMCFLYR
Quote: Everyone's comments are correct. Miramar was also "hot" while we were there; I have no clue who or what uses Miramar these days, but I kept seeing fighter jets flying sideways or upside down; it was awfully tempting sometimes to do the same thing.
SHAME ON YOU CUB!
MCAS Miramar is back in the hands of its' rightful owners
It is the home of 3rd MAW (Marine Aircraft Wing) and many additional units.

From the official website:
Quote:

USMCFLYR
Quote: OOH-RAH MCRD!
How did you manage to get that picture?
What airport are you are approach too (26L)?

USMCFLYR
You can do a VFR transition over the middle of KSAN 27...that would be a good photo op for MCRD.
Great pics. I flew out of Miramar from 1991 thru 1996, sure do miss that area. Must have had a lot of rain, everything is green. Usually late in the summer everything is brown!

Can't see the bunkers in your pic, but there are a bunch of dug out caves in the cliffs on both sides of Pt Loma. They were originally for coastal artillery from WW-II. I used to ride my bike all over Pt Loma, one of the most beautiful places in all the world.

Thanks for posting.
Got my private at MYF, fond memories, thanks!
BLott4
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to