JetBlue Uniforms

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
I prefer the blue shirt. Although, the new uniform company makes shirts that are cheap in construction and don't press well. I wish they had "stay" collars too vice button down collars. I like the sewn-on wings. From military experience, wearing metal insignia looks bad if it is not "backed". I see plenty of this of this because you can wear metal wings and you can buy shirts without sewn on wings. Most guys don't "back". Most airline uniforms can look good if the wearer takes some pride. The leather jacket is the signature item.
I was a big fan of the blue shirts until TSA switched. The last supplier's were far better. The blue hides stains and wrinkles a little better than my white did.

Goatees gotta go. And the guys wearing the windbreaker.
I think the blue shirts and lack of metal on them look cheap and distasteful. However, I am intrigued by those new pay scales! So anyone have any ideas when the door might be opened to some hiring? And if so, what kind of time requirements does B6 look for?
Oh, another question I've always had...in keeping with the "everything blue" tradition since JetbLue's inception, why gray leather seats? Why not blue? Dark blue leather looks really nice I think and I've never quite understood why Jetblue didn't go with that.
Vain threads have too much vanity.
Blue shirts are management's way of letting you know you're just blue collar labor. All pilots should wear blue shirts. We are, after all, just that.
Quote: I think the blue shirts and lack of metal on them look cheap and distasteful. However, I am intrigued by those new pay scales! So anyone have any ideas when the door might be opened to some hiring? And if so, what kind of time requirements does B6 look for?
Hmmmmmmmmm.......interesting. You complain about the uniforms looking cheap and distastefu, and the interior seats not having blue leather, and then want to know when they'll be hiring? Probably not what you want to be posting if you're looking for a job THERE..........
As someone who's just getting into the industry, am I the only one who's concerned that a properly attired crew deserves merit and a forum post? What's the industry coming to?
Quote: Hmmmmmmmmm.......interesting. You complain about the uniforms looking cheap and distastefu, and the interior seats not having blue leather, and then want to know when they'll be hiring? Probably not what you want to be posting if you're looking for a job THERE..........
Point taken! But I also wouldn't choose to work there or not based soley on the uniform or the seats in the aircraft. For the record, as far as the interior is concerned, I didn't say it looked bad, I just thought it odd that the seats are not blue when everything else seems to be.
Quote: As someone who's just getting into the industry, am I the only one who's concerned that a properly attired crew deserves merit and a forum post? What's the industry coming to?
If it took this thread for you to realize this, you are in for a long haul.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to