Fly Boys

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is cool althought its not really a flying movie. When they are cruising in the bomber I think its pretty cool. I saw The Concorde: Airport '79 the other day.. Kind of funny to see a Concorde barrel roll and preform invasive maneuvers
The Great Waldo Pepper with Robert Redford.

The Blue Max with George Peppard (the German side of Fly Boys).

The one about Bull Meecham is pretty good.
Quote:
The one about Bull Meecham is pretty good.
"The Great Santini", not much flying, but a great movie.
Quote: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb is cool althought its not really a flying movie. When they are cruising in the bomber I think its pretty cool. I saw The Concorde: Airport '79 the other day.. Kind of funny to see a Concorde barrel roll and preform invasive maneuvers
Dr. Strangelove is a great movie, a classic, but not too much flying in it.

Isn't there about three 1970's "airliner disaster" movies? The Concorde one, the 747 one where it is hit by a small plane, and the one that sinks and rests on the bottom of the ocean intact?
Quote: Dr. Strangelove is a great movie, a classic, but not too much flying in it.

Isn't there about three 1970's "airliner disaster" movies? The Concorde one, the 747 one where it is hit by a small plane, and the one that sinks and rests on the bottom of the ocean intact?
I've only heard of the concorde one. I'd like to see the other two the 747 one sounds kinda cool.
Best flying movie
The blue max and Memphis Belle are my favourites
Remember guys its "belle" like in southern..
good day to you all
Quote: Isn't there about three 1970's "airliner disaster" movies? The Concorde one, the 747 one where it is hit by a small plane, and the one that sinks and rests on the bottom of the ocean intact?
Those are are the "AIRPORT" movies. The original was a 707 that had some kind of problem. It was the basis for it's more famous spoof---"AIRPLANE".

The one with the airplane at the bottom of the ocean features Jack Lemmon as the Captian. After the aircraft settles to the bottom of the sea, he tells the passengers who are worried about running out of air------

WE ARE STILL PRESSURIZED
Quote: "The Great Santini", not much flying, but a great movie.
Thats the one...Good movie...
Quote: I've only heard of the concorde one. I'd like to see the other two the 747 one sounds kinda cool.
If I remember correctly, a plane hits the 747 in the FO's side and he gets sucked out. The CA is injured (blinded?) and the flight attendant flys until Charleston Heston gets lowered into the hole by cable from a another jet in front of them. I remeber seeing it on TV when I was a kid.
Airport (the movie) in 1970:

Tagline: The #1 novel of the year - now a motion picture!

Plot Outline: Melodrama about a bomber on board an airplane, an airport almost closed by snow, and various personal problems of the people involved.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to