FedEx MD11 FOs, check your landings...

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: The label on that prompt is a misnomer. It doesn't Accept or Reject anything -- it only takes you to the page where you select an ACCEPT or REJECT message to be sent.
Hmm-wonder if that's what I meant by calling it a hyperlink.

Although the some do\some don't makes sense. Had received the msg after watching my FO send the WT/Balance data only to get the ding on pushback---successfully avoided on the next flight by using the link
Quote:
Hmm-wonder if that's what I meant by calling it a hyperlink.

Although the some do\some don't makes sense. Had received the msg after watching my FO send the WT/Balance data only to get the ding on pushback---successfully avoided on the next flight by using the link

I wasn't arguing your use of the word hyperlink, just trying to convey that using that button doesn't take you to the page where you need to be to press the SEND button anyway.

Just make sure your FO has Flt Coordination in his speed dial ... 224-5300

There seems to be something wrong with the new mod. While not automatically printing the summary and not inputing the INU data is a good thing, I've seen too much data dropping. If you load delay codes and/or F/O landing and scroll thru the pages to check them before sending many aircraft are dropping the pages that aren't visible. For instance, if you load the delay codes then scroll to the landing page the delay codes drop as soon as you scroll off the page. The visible page sends normally, but the non-visible one resort to their pre-loaded values (Capt landing, no delay codes.) So if the Capt does the landing and you send from the delay code page the flight closes normally. If the F/O lands with no delays and you send from the landing page it will close normally as well. When you have delay codes and a F/O landing I'd count on having to close out by phone. Not sure why this seem to be the case on certain aircraft. Your milage may vary.
FCIF out...
Quote: FCIF out...
But it doesn't address the W&B problem, which isn't just an MD11 problem.
Quote: FCIF out...
I was disappointed in the FCIF. It said there was a problem with the ACARS software. We already knew that. How come it didn't say, "We fixed the problem with the ACARS software?"

Who is responsible for Beta testing this stuff? How does it ever get to us in this condition? In this day and age how can they explain these self imposed cockpit distractions?

Have we gone to a lowest bidder concept like ObamaCare did? I hear they've taken down the ObamaCare website again for Emergency Surgery ... they only did that after it was in cardiac arrest.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to