Challenger Crash Aspen

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 13
Go to
maybe a hold over Dove Creek VOR then some circling/etc near Aspen prior to landing ?

N115WF ? FlightAware
From LiveATC recordings, hearing windshear reports of -10/+20kts on short final to Rwy 15 on first approach, and the accident aircraft declared a missed approach, stating 33kts tailwind. On second approach, tower called winds 320@16, pk gust 25kts (tailwind).
Quote: From LiveATC recordings, hearing windshear reports of -10/+20kts on short final to Rwy 15 on first approach, and the accident aircraft declared a missed approach, stating 33kts tailwind. On second approach, tower called winds 320@16, pk gust 25kts (tailwind).
do you have a link to that audio ?
Quote: From LiveATC recordings, hearing windshear reports of -10/+20kts on short final to Rwy 15 on first approach, and the accident aircraft declared a missed approach, stating 33kts tailwind. On second approach, tower called winds 320@16, pk gust 25kts (tailwind).
That within limitation s for that A/C.?....
AFM limit is 10 it's on the tail, like most planes.

GF
went missed due to 33 knots tailwind at one point

10 minute mark N115WF shows up on audio

flying the LOC 15 approach

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/ka...2014-1900Z.mp3
Quote: AFM limit is 10 it's on the tail, like most planes.

GF
You are correct the limit is 10 knots on the tail. The TR's on this airplane are also extremely effective. I fear i may know who it is so prayers to that person. This airplane is sticky on a go around especially with a v2 cut. I am typed on the 601.
may be based at MMTO Toluca, FYI
Please tell me your kidding......toluca mexico???
[QUOTE=ClarenceOver;1552967]Please tell me your kidding......toluca mexico???[/QUOTE

He's not kidding. Flight originally came in from there with a stop in Tuscon, then to Aspen. Sorry if you know them. Hoping for the best.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 13
Go to