Southwest hiring info

Subscribe
169  219  259  265  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  279  319 
Page 269 of 328
Go to
Quote: I was told today when they called the first available class date is December ninth.
Sweet, thanks! If you don't mind me asking, were you called recently? I interviewed at the end of Sep and now waiting on the next decision board. Fingers crossed for some good news soon and hopefully some training shortly after! Cheers!
Quote: Are any civilians getting called with right at 1000TPIC? Seems like most guys have 5000+.
I had 7000TPIC and been applying since '09 before I got called. No 737 type
Quote: I know several guys in the 1,500-2,000TPIC range who have been called/hired...common denominator, 737type. 1,000? I'm sure a few "special kids" have been called...
I guess I'm special! CJO with 1100 TPIC, but 737 type plus two more corporate types. Experience on four part 121 types. 8500+ total, all civilian.

It's obvious it's my tail wheel endorsement that did it. 😄
Quote: I guess I'm special! CJO with 1100 TPIC, but 737 type plus two more corporate types. Experience on four part 121 types. 8500+ total, all civilian.

It's obvious it's my tail wheel endorsement that did it. 😄
Tailwheel endorsement....😂

I got one of those too...maybe it'll bring luck on the next DB. Haha
Quote: Sweet, thanks! If you don't mind me asking, were you called recently? I interviewed at the end of Sep and now waiting on the next decision board. Fingers crossed for some good news soon and hopefully some training shortly after! Cheers!

The people department called around 2 pm to schedule the drug test and pick a class date. They said the earliest available was dec 9. So I took that one. Congratulations to all hired and I look forward to seeing everybody!!
Would not be surprised if the failure of the TA results in an immediate stop to pilot hiring and possibly a furlough of a few hundred pilots. Taking hostages is airline management 101 and Randy B is playing from a very old textbook.
Quote: Would not be surprised if the failure of the TA results in an immediate stop to pilot hiring and possibly a furlough of a few hundred pilots. Taking hostages is airline management 101 and Randy B is playing from a very old textbook.
True. Classic play from the How To Break The Union textbook, but I honestly don't see it happening. I think they'll try to sweeten the pot first and THEN if that doesn't work.......
I believe if left to Babbitt then yes, that would be the first play. Execute a few hostages and watch us fold.
The only reason I don't see it happening is that it would undoubtedly effect earnings and our standing on Wall Street. Gary is a slave to our investors and the image of a company full of happy, perky employees is a sham that they want to keep up for just that reason. It is a huge part of our public image. That is why the company has played us like a fiddle when it comes to picketing in public.
Hope you're right. I have a closet full of old uniforms that influences my 'glass half empty' attitude.
Quote: I believe if left to Babbitt then yes, that would be the first play. Execute a few hostages and watch us fold.
The only reason I don't see it happening is that it would undoubtedly effect earnings and our standing on Wall Street. Gary is a slave to our investors and the image of a company full of happy, perky employees is a sham that they want to keep up for just that reason. It is a huge part of our public image. That is why the company has played us like a fiddle when it comes to picketing in public.
Precisely the reason we need to use punching them in the eye in pubic to our advantage. I've picketed several airlines before that quite frankly just didn't give a #%^* about looking bad in the public's eye with regard to labor relations. Not the case with SWA as we're blessed to be dealing with a company that is very sensitive to bad press. It NEEDS to be used to our advantage.
169  219  259  265  266  267  268  269  270  271  272  273  279  319 
Page 269 of 328
Go to