Training

Subscribe
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 
Page 28 of 30
Go to
Quote: Anyone recently go through training recently and willing to discuss how it went?

Does Alaska send you material prior to showing up to class?

How many sims do you get?

Any tips to make the process easier?

Out of curiosity, when is your class date?
Quote: Anyone recently go through training recently and willing to discuss how it went?

I dont know if they give you stuff ahead of time, but try to get limitations and memory items from a friend and get those memorized before things get busy.

There's 14 sims, it's overkill
Quote: Out of curiosity, when is your class date?
I don't have one, just looking ahead in the future
There is so much time in the footprint, and it’s so well-organized, don’t waste a second studying beforehand.
Quote: and it’s so well-organized,
If you thought it was well organized I'd hate to see where you came from. It was a mess and will be for the next year as airbus guys get cross trained
Quote: If you thought it was well organized I'd hate to see where you came from. It was a mess and will be for the next year as airbus guys get cross trained
You talking about the training itself, or the scheduling of said training.
Quote: If you thought it was well organized I'd hate to see where you came from. It was a mess and will be for the next year as airbus guys get cross trained
What was not well organized?

I would not worry or suggest trying to study an bunch ahead of time. Just be ready to go all in 100% when you start training, there is plenty of time built in to succeed; and you’ll learn culturally what they want you to learn and the Alaska way of doing things if you will. If you have a decent work ethic while you’re in training you’ll do fine.
We’re both correct! Scheduling of said training is a disaster of epic proportions. Once you get through the gauntlet and into the footprint though, it’s slow but paced with everything you need to know served up on a platter.
Anyone currently in training..

What is the footprint looking like? Last I heard was from someone last April.
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 
Page 28 of 30
Go to