Seaborne Airlines

Subscribe
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32 
Page 28 of 36
Go to
Quote:
Quote: I had a friend in class at seaborne a couple months ago, and he saw the place was so jacked up that he knew it was going to fail. He bailed after completing training, which was a smart move obviously.
your friend sounds like kind of a douche bag, obviously.

FWIW, Seaborne is not a big company. There are 7 Saabs, which is 6 more than they had this time last year. It is trying to grow. Give them a break. At least the pilots aren't voting on taking concessions. The decision to furlough a few new hires came as a complete surprise to everyone INCLUDING the DO and Chief Pilot (yes, i know that is a fact).

Besides, the President/CEO will probably change his mind in two weeks and decide to fly the 8th Saab after all; then everyone will be given the chance to come back, and another company will then do something stupid that puts this thread back on page 2 or 3.
How would the pilots vote in concessions if they have no union. The company can do what they please...
My airline is better than yours!!!!!

Are you guys seriously grown ups?

There are things called growing pains. Lots of regional FOs went to seaborne to get 121 PIC. Dec new hires are captains. Everybody gets 13 days off minimum. Otter captains make more than pretty much every RJ captain. So keep going with mines bigger than yours. Only tools have been bailing.
Quote: My airline is better than yours!!!!!

Are you guys seriously grown ups?

There are things called growing pains. Lots of regional FOs went to seaborne to get 121 PIC. Dec new hires are captains. Everybody gets 13 days off minimum. Otter captains make more than pretty much every RJ captain. So keep going with mines bigger than yours. Only tools have been bailing.
How much of that pay check is being spent on kilowatts? Your 80k a year isn't so big living on the islands.
Quote: Really? Were you in that class? If so, I'm sorry! And if the reason listed below is true ... Then that's messed up!
Republic will hire all if those furloughed Seaborne pilots into the E175 or Q400 - their choice. As will most other regionals that are bleeding pilots.
Im crossing my fingers on the railroad interview i have thursday......one can only nope i never fly for slave wages again.
Are they still hiring for the twotter ?
Quote: Are they still hiring for the twotter ?
Don't think so
Pity, Multi land and sea rated.......
Quote: Pity, Multi land and sea rated.......
They are still hiring for the Twin Otter
If you have a MES.
Quote: Pity, Multi land and sea rated.......
Is your MES and ATP? You will need it to be an ATP to fly the seaplane here.
18  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32 
Page 28 of 36
Go to