Your Bucket List

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
7. Dove hunt in Argentina

Dove hunt? If you want to dove hunt, come to Eastern Oregon. We got doves by the thousands. They're just the mourning dove but they're sure good eating. They are pretty small though; very tricky to shoot at times. Makes it all the more fun!!
double post
Quote: 7. Dove hunt in Argentina

Dove hunt? If you want to dove hunt, come to Eastern Oregon. We got doves by the thousands. They're just the mourning dove but they're sure good eating. They are pretty small though; very tricky to shoot at times. Makes it all the more fun!!
I didn't say I have never been. These are the only pics I have on me but the fact we're hunting in the yard and during hurricane Rita that should tell you something.

The usual crew of friends and family. At a buddies house outside of town. Beer, good times, ol' fashion BSing, excellent food, and even better hunting. Can't beat it.

The cleaning area after our first hunt on opening day. Hurricane Rita was around so no places were open to get food. Darn good eating.

So good make you want to go home and slap your mama.

My dad's friends just went to Argentina and shot around 1200birds a piece in three days. There are so many there are no limits there. In Texas there's only 12 per day. Except when the hurricane was there lol.
Sweet pictures TD...I've got to get back home more next fall to do some shooting.
Bucket List...great movie...
Hmmm...been workin on this ever since I saw A Walk to Remember...hehe:
(designed the goals to be reached before age 25 (year 2012-a bad year according to the Mayans), only crossed one off so far, and have come close to a couple more).

1. Like everyone else, go skydiving
2. Finish the Bible
3. Get my pilot's license
4. Learn how to surf
5. travel the world
6. Read the books and mags in my room
7. Improve at the pole vault (12 ft is the goal)
8. Make the president's list
9. Weigh 148 lbs again (only 9.5 more to go!!!)
10. Learn to ollie on my skateboard by age 22.
11. Learn the unicycle.
12. Use my ice skates.
13. Finish knitting my scarf.
14. Clean my room.
15. Fast and meditate.
16. Eventually, marry the perfect spouse
17. Even further down the road, have a coupla kids.

16. (Though far-fetched, certainly an amusing challenge) Design a simpler flight mechanism than the ones in current existence. Preferrably that use man power as opposed to octane.
This is serious thread drift, but since it's my own thread, I suppose I can have some leeway.

Our farm in KS has pheasant and quail flying all over the place. Are they any good to eat? I'm anti-gun so I won't be shooting anything, but curious as to how you avoid eating the bullets that is presumably imbedded in the bird.

Back on point, however, thanks everyone for sharing your list. Very interesting and I hope we all get to do at least one in our respective list before we kick the bucket.
Fly a 757, the one with winglets
Get a dog.

Win the lottory.

15,000 gallon fish tank.

Own a jet.

Live in a house designed like a castle.
Quote: This is serious thread drift, but since it's my own thread, I suppose I can have some leeway.

Our farm in KS has pheasant and quail flying all over the place. Are they any good to eat? I'm anti-gun so I won't be shooting anything, but curious as to how you avoid eating the bullets that is presumably imbedded in the bird.

Back on point, however, thanks everyone for sharing your list. Very interesting and I hope we all get to do at least one in our respective list before we kick the bucket.

Most of the pellets go right on through the bird. Unless your hunting waterfowl or pheasants then some of the pellets get stuck but you usually find them when you gut the bird out. I rarely find pellets in birds we eat.

We should start a hunting forum.

BTW here's my bucket list:

Shoot a deer or antelope at around 600-800yds. with a 7mm-08.
Break the sound barrier.
Get my PPL soon.

There's a bunch more but that's all I can think of right now.
Quote: Our farm in KS has pheasant and quail flying all over the place. Are they any good to eat? I'm anti-gun so I won't be shooting anything, but curious as to how you avoid eating the bullets that is presumably imbedded in the bird.
When you're dressing your bird, you look for the pellets and take them out by hand. You have to do a good job or else you can bite down on them which hurts.

I haven't had pheasant or quail, but I've heard they're really good. There's more duck up here in North Dakota, so that's all I've ever really had, which goes really good with teriyaki by the way.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to