Cqfo vs dec

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: And sitting eternal reserve at both places..

Possibly, yes.
Quote: Possibly, yes.
Closer to Probably
Quote: Closer to Probably

Perhaps

Filler
Quote: Closer to Probably
Aren't there 4 year FOs on reserve at Envoy right now? How long is reserve at XJT? Skywest?

2 Year reserve is certainly probable for a DEC right now, but again, what is the better option? Some might feel that turbine PIC is what is needed to push them over the top for whatever job they are trying to get, others might really need the money due to who knows what.

It's not for everyone but it may work for some. I don't see that it's any worse than being an FO on reserve elsewhere.
Quote: Aren't there 4 year FOs on reserve at Envoy right now? How long is reserve at XJT? Skywest?
Envoy: Yes and some Captains too.
XJT/Skywest: I don't have that info.

Quote: 2 Year reserve is certainly probable for a DEC right now, but again, what is the better option?
It's 2 year reserve if you were hired 2 years ago. If hired today that may change. Just like Envoy has 4 year reserve and 16 year flow, if you were hired 4 or 16 years ago. Both will change of that I have absolutely no doubt.

Quote: Some might feel that turbine PIC is what is needed to push them over the top for whatever job they are trying to get, others might really need the money due to who knows what.
Absolutely. It's a personal choice and each individual has to find what will be right for them and their families. As far as the next job, marketing and networking will have more of an effect on that transition then anything else. I personally know of about 20 FO that have been hired by major airline (Delta, UPS, American, etc.) with 0 121PIC. I personally don't think 121 PIC gives a canadet as much of an advantage as it used too.

Quote: It's not for everyone but it may work for some. I don't see that it's any worse than being an FO on reserve elsewhere.
Each individual will have to make their own judgement call on that.
Quote: That is the promise. But some cracks are starting to show.
There's no cracks. Right now everything is crack free.
You can't have the cake and eat it too. You'll be stuck in eternal regional hell if you go dec because of reserve.
Quote: There's no cracks. Right now everything is crack free.
You just keep on repeating that mantra.
Quote: Aren't there 4 year FOs on reserve at Envoy right now?
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine. He spent his fourth year anniversary on standby at the airport. After 4 years, he isn't even holding a good reserve line.

Another pal of mine has been at TSA for 3 years. Not quite at 1000 TPIC yet, but he's getting there. You decide.
Quote: Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine. He spent his fourth year anniversary on standby at the airport. After 4 years, he isn't even holding a good reserve line.
What equipment/base?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to