Prepare Yourselves... 2021 AEs

Subscribe
289  339  379  385  386  387  388  389  390  391  392  393 
Page 389 of 397
Go to
Quote: I feel sorry for these junior captains. They either live in base which must suck because we don't have any bases in Florida or they commute to reserve which sucks also. Good for them for doing a job no one senior than them wants. I'm happy for them, really. Do junior captains still buy the beers like the captains in their 50's or do they eat at Subway every meal and skip having beers like the captains in their 60's?
This is a legit post. You managed to insult 90% of the pilot group while feeling happy for the new captains. Congrats you should win something.
Quote: Bypassed upgrade on this bid. Now bring on those WB B spots!!! next AE in December or January??
I did the same thing. No rush. Frankly I'm glad to see how everything is shaking out. Lots of junior people grabbing the donuts and I'm glad they are - bring on a widebody in 2022 or a better captain spot for meeeeeee!
Quote: Pretty much any narrow body in any base…
Hopefully they just say something like

10 73N Available

Up to 3 ATL
Up to 4 NYC
1 MSP

ETC.
Quote: Hopefully they just say something like

10 73N Available

Up to 3 ATL
Up to 4 NYC
1 MSP

ETC.
while this would make sense, I don’t think they will
Quote: I feel sorry for these junior captains. They either live in base which must suck because we don't have any bases in Florida or they commute to reserve which sucks also. Good for them for doing a job no one senior than them wants. I'm happy for them, really. Do junior captains still buy the beers like the captains in their 50's or do they eat at Subway every meal and skip having beers like the captains in their 60's?
I think most bring food and slam click. Heck after flying these domestic trips, it's all you can do to get your uniform off and jump in bed for your 7-8 hours of sleep. Then get ready for another 4 or 5 legger the next day.
Quote: This is a legit post. You managed to insult 90% of the pilot group while feeling happy for the new captains. Congrats you should win something.
I can't wait till 20 yeaars from now after the next bankruptcy when the entire list is united with the battle cry "back in my day you could buy a fully loaded Miata a month!"
“Junior Captain”…. I commute. I hold a perfectly reasonable schedule, no crash pad and maybe a hotel or two a month. Not on reserve. Under 40. I quit reading after your 3rd assumption, but nice work.

Also not sure what company you work for, but being narrowbody A or B with the current state of our airline doesn’t exactly leave us much time on layovers to “bond.” Instead we get to bond over the course of our 10-12 hour duty day, get to the hotel, workout, grab some food, get some sleep, back to the grind.

Your hypothesis holds no merit.
Quote: I can't wait till 20 yeaars from now after the next bankruptcy when the entire list is united with the battle cry "back in my day you could buy a fully loaded Miata a month!"
with chicken feed?
Quote: With new hires, I will try to be like the awesome ER Captains I had early on. On first year pay = free beer, and if there's a really nice place thats pricey on first year pay, cover the tip, I'll get the rest. Or Coffee if the short overnights preclude beer.

My first international trip after TOE was Glasgow. My wife came. Captain would not let us pay for anything. He just asked that when I'm a "medium body" Captain nearing retirement to do the same. (It was a 757, so we weren't really WB, but it pays close enough)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
When is on first year, CA bought dinner and beer. Even now, many buy beer.
The Captain should always buy the drinks. And if the FO is on first year pay, dinner is on me every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
289  339  379  385  386  387  388  389  390  391  392  393 
Page 389 of 397
Go to