R2024-27 APA Neutrality Regarding Pilot Age

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: Thats hilarious! Isn't United hiring DEC CA's? I'm at SW, after 5 years I'm still waiting for a CA slot!
Is it hilarious? It’ll add on 2 years to any milestone you were hoping for. Lineholder? Weekends off? WB CA upgrade? It’ll take two years longer now. That final seniority number you thought you’d have at 65? Gotta work to 67 now if you want it.
Quote: Is it hilarious? It’ll add on 2 years to any milestone you were hoping for. Lineholder? Weekends off? WB CA upgrade? It’ll take two years longer now. That final seniority number you thought you’d have at 65? Gotta work to 67 now if you want it.
So then it is purely selfish and not scientific reasons?
Quote: So then it is purely selfish and not scientific reasons?
We don’t know because they haven’t done the science stuff yet.
Quote: So then it is purely selfish and not scientific reasons?
Purely selfish to support age 67? Yes.
Quote: Is it hilarious? It’ll add on 2 years to any milestone you were hoping for. Lineholder? Weekends off? WB CA upgrade? It’ll take two years longer now. That final seniority number you thought you’d have at 65? Gotta work to 67 now if you want it.
And not wanting to wait two years isn't selfish? Both arguments are equally selfish. My personal selfish argument: I got held back for 5 years, so I would not mind an extra 2 to make up for that. Selfish, absolutely. You not wanting to give me those 2 years, because you don't want to wait: selfish. Don't even try to change my mind, just realize how incredibly hypocritical you are.

I haven't voted, lobbied, or pushed either way, but when I hear the "you are making me wait longer, and that is selfish" argument unironically I can only hand out the participation trophy.
Quote: And not wanting to wait two years isn't selfish? Both arguments are equally selfish. My personal selfish argument: I got held back for 5 years, so I would not mind an extra 2 to make up for that. Selfish, absolutely. You not wanting to give me those 2 years, because you don't want to wait: selfish. Don't even try to change my mind, just realize how incredibly hypocritical you are.

I haven't voted, lobbied, or pushed either way, but when I hear the "you are making me wait longer, and that is selfish" argument unironically I can only hand out the participation trophy.
You haven’t “voted, lobbied, or pushed either way?” Half your posts are arguing for age 67.

You literally want money out of my pocket, and are calling me selfish for arguing against it. Should I give you 10 percent of my check too, do I get a participation trophy if I don’t?
Quote: And not wanting to wait two years isn't selfish? Both arguments are equally selfish. My personal selfish argument: I got held back for 5 years, so I would not mind an extra 2 to make up for that. Selfish, absolutely. You not wanting to give me those 2 years, because you don't want to wait: selfish. Don't even try to change my mind, just realize how incredibly hypocritical you are.

news flash… EVERYONE got held back 5 years
For my clarity, doesn't the proposed rule essentially allow 121 flying until one turns 68? So really it's another 3 years, not 2, that the junior folks would stagnate?
Quote: For my clarity, doesn't the proposed rule essentially allow 121 flying until one turns 68? So really it's another 3 years, not 2, that the junior folks would stagnate?
No, the House bill says "strike 65" replace with 67.
Quote: For my clarity, doesn't the proposed rule essentially allow 121 flying until one turns 68? So really it's another 3 years, not 2, that the junior folks would stagnate?
No, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where this idea started. It’s also super easy to Google.

Straight from the proposed bill:

Quote:
On and after the date of enactment of the Let Experienced Pilots Fly Act, subsections (d) and (e) of section 121.383 of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations, shall be deemed to have been amended to increase the age listed in such subsections to 67 years of age.
Just take out ‘65’ from the current law and replace it with ‘67’ - it’s that simple.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to