PSA CRJ HGS Sys CAT II / III

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Horizon Air's CRJs are Cat III certified with the HGS.

Edit: oops, never mind. Next time I'll read the whole thread before responding!
Quote: Hold your thumb from your index finger about one inch.

That's how much anybody cares.
Yea real mature.... What are we? 12?
The Q400 and the CRJ are both certified for Single-Engine CAT IIIa operations. This provides a lot of relief when planning for T/O alternates.

Do you ever notice that most of the time we are still dispatched with T/O alternates anyways. Gives me alot of confidence in dispatch sometimes.
Quote: The Q400 and the CRJ are both certified for Single-Engine CAT IIIa operations. This provides a lot of relief when planning for T/O alternates.

Do you ever notice that most of the time we are still dispatched with T/O alternates anyways. Gives me alot of confidence in dispatch sometimes.

I'd have to research that a little more, but I think KSUN may have some special rules regarding T/O alternates like requiring one even when we don't need one.

Could that be what you're thinking of?
NWM Self edit.
Quote: The Q400 and the CRJ are both certified for Single-Engine CAT IIIa operations. This provides a lot of relief when planning for T/O alternates.

The reason they put a T/O alternate anyway is because most pilots will call back wanting one anyway. It just saves the need to call.

Makes sense. Just because we are single engine CAT III cetified doesnt mean I want to do it if I can avoid it.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to