Jumpseating International, Which Class?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: Also, how about checking baggage when you are jumpseating on a different carrier intl or domestic? You go about it the same way as if you were on your own carrier?
I wore my uniform to get through security. After that I changed into civilian clothing. As far as baggage goes, I got there early (like 3 hours before departure) in order to not have any hassles. I checked in my skis and boots to ZRH. Slick. No issues at all. But I was listed.

I listed myself in advance on their listing number. I know it because my carrier used to be a United Express carrier. I just called up and got an agent and explained my situation, listing as OMC. That's the key - OMC. That's what United calls a jumpseater and that is important for when you return. The agents overseas aren't really familiar with the jumpseating we do in the US. But if you go to the check-in and are already listed as OMC it is no problem.

Get to the check-in early to avoid problems with baggage. They may struggle with the OMC computer entries because they rarely use these.

I had no issues at all with United, but I also was listed in advance each time and this makes the gate agent's and check-in agent's job much easier.
Saab2000,

Great! Thanks for the info!!! Thats what I was looking for!
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to