Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
344  394  434  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  454  494  544  944  1444 
Page 444 of 20173
Go to
Not much at all.
Quote: How much more capacity can they cut without having to furlough?
Lets hope that's not necessary.
Quote: Not much at all.
How have the future bookings been looking? Are we still planning on 2007 pax levels by 2011?
Quote: How have the future bookings been looking? Are we still planning on 2007 pax levels by 2011?
Late 2010 or early 2011. Yes, future booking are all over the place.
IMHO and just my opinion, our loads are way off from where they were last year. Even for our down time.
Personally, I have never seen the airport so dead. Not even after 9-11. I would not be surprised to see another round of pull backs.
It took me less than two minutes to get though security this last Friday night! :0
On a brighter note, the Delta A330 is out of the paint shop.

Photos: Airbus A330-323X Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
Quote: Late 2010 or early 2011. Yes, future booking are all over the place.
IMHO and just my opinion, our loads are way off from where they were last year. Even for our down time.
Personally, I have never seen the airport so dead. Not even after 9-11. I would not be surprised to see another round of pull backs.
It took me less than two minutes to get though security this last Friday night! :0
That could mean furloughs, but they would have to make them long enough to be financially feasible.
Quote: Not much at all.

Furloughed by the end of the summer then?

I am in the bottom 150 of the combined list.

Thats what I am planning for.
Quote: Furloughed by the end of the summer then?

I am in the bottom 150 of the combined list.

Thats what I am planning for.

I don't think it would happen that quick, if even at all. I think we would have to hear an announcement for further reductions before furloughs are executed. I'm sure the plan is in place though.
It could mean that. If it were to happen, Superdad, I am sorry to say that best guess right now is a few hundred at most. Now there are no numbers for the NWA side of things.
Fact is that many of the people in the know do not see it happening. I just hope they are correct.
See, as I have pointed out in the past, the CPZ flow adds a lot of time on the the ROI for a furlough. Add to that all of the training that is going on and will be going on the next few years, it may just make more sense to keep the extra fat. We are already very lean, so cutting may not make sense. We have a long way to go to be anywhere near as over staffed as we were in 2001.

Just sit tight, we all still have jobs.
Quote: It could mean that. If it were to happen, Superdad, I am sorry to say that best guess right now is a few hundred at most. Now there are no numbers for the NWA side of things.
Fact is that many of the people in the know do not see it happening. I just hope they are correct.
See, as I have pointed out in the past, the CPZ flow adds a lot of time on the the ROI for a furlough. Add to that all of the training that is going on and will be going on the next few years, it may just make more sense to keep the extra fat. We are already very lean, so cutting may not make sense. We have a long way to go to be anywhere near as over staffed as we were in 2001.

Just sit tight, we all still have jobs.

We have been told that we are lean, which is pretty common for us. I think the economy will have to continue to go south for the furlough plan to be executed. It just doesn't fit in right now. There are too many other things that they have to spend $$$ on, and I don't think they want to add to that by furloughing. I just hope it stays that way. I don't know how fast this economy can turn around, but I hope it starts soon.
344  394  434  440  441  442  443  444  445  446  447  448  454  494  544  944  1444 
Page 444 of 20173
Go to