FedEx First Year Info for New Hires...

Subscribe
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  55  95 
Page 45 of 115
Go to
Anyone in Hong Kong?

Can you get HKG as a new hire?

That's the only base I would really want.

Thanks for any info.
Quote: Anyone in Hong Kong?

Can you get HKG as a new hire?

That's the only base I would really want.

Thanks for any info.
Yes you can. In my case, it was offered about 10 days before indoc. One of the guys I previously interviewed with accepted that position. I believe it is random and dependent on staffing needs. If you were to get a CJO it wouldn't hurt to reach out and let them know you want HKG.
For someone who lives in LA (knowing that LAX is super senior/not available to new hires), what base and aircraft would be the most commuter friendly? I see that there are a half dozen flights on most days from lax to mem. And it seems that lines with DDHs are idea for commuters, so which base/aircraft bid lines have the most of those? Or even just trips/lines with a DH at the beginning? Thanks
Quote: For someone who lives in LA (knowing that LAX is super senior/not available to new hires), what base and aircraft would be the most commuter friendly? I see that there are a half dozen flights on most days from lax to mem. And it seems that lines with DDHs are idea for commuters, so which base/aircraft bid lines have the most of those? Or even just trips/lines with a DH at the beginning? Thanks
All new-hires are being placed in 757 MEM now.
That said, DH’s exist across all fleets and 75 MEM will give you the most seniority quickest.
What is DH?
Dead head...
A commercial flight to either positiln you to start a trip, or return you to domicile at the end of a trip, while being paid.
Quote: All new-hires are being placed in 757 MEM now.

That said, DH’s exist across all fleets and 75 MEM will give you the most seniority quickest.

Well, that answers that question.

Anyone know what the going rate is for how long 757 MEM reserve lasts?
Quote: Well, that answers that question.

Anyone know what the going rate is for how long 757 MEM reserve lasts?
That is kind of the point, for the last couple of years it has been longer than it should have due to new hires going elsewhere. If they hire only to the right seat of the 757 next year it will only be months.
FedEx First Year Info for New Hires...
Quote: That is kind of the point, for the last couple of years it has been longer than it should have due to new hires going elsewhere. If they hire only to the right seat of the 757 next year it will only be months.

That’s good to hear. But is it going to be that way next year or is this just a one time deal with this latest HKG bid?
35  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  55  95 
Page 45 of 115
Go to