Delta interviewees held up by shrink

Subscribe
39  45  46  47  48  49  50  51 
Page 49 of 51
Go to
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and input. I got a follow up email this morning called a verbal conditional job offer, with a link to a Delta website. While it doesn't mention the PARB at all I hope that means I am past that part. Either way, clicking forward and hoping to spend the cold season in Atlanta.
Quote: Thanks everyone for the encouragement and input. I got a follow up email this morning called a verbal conditional job offer, with a link to a Delta website. While it doesn't mention the PARB at all I hope that means I am past that part. Either way, clicking forward and hoping to spend the cold season in Atlanta.
Everybody who’s PARB’d gets that email. You’ll get an email and phone call when you’ve successfully made it through the gauntlet.
Quote: Do these company psychiatrists have a good track record? Such that we should trust their judgement? Psychology does not exactly have a great record when it’s been put to the test. I worked with numerous ex-military guys who were new FOs at the regional who had lost the CJO in this way. Every one of them was a GREAT FO, cared about pax, FAs, was likeable etc. I thought to myself “What the hell are the Psych’s seeing?”

guy I met had a friend from his Marine days. Shrink asked if he’d been in combat. Yes. Asked if he ever killed someone. Uh, yeah (flew attack aircraft). Asked if he ever thought about it. Uh….I guess?

boom. Denied.

He went on to be an FBI agent.
Quote: guy I met had a friend from his Marine days. Shrink asked if he’d been in combat. Yes. Asked if he ever killed someone. Uh, yeah (flew attack aircraft). Asked if he ever thought about it. Uh….I guess?

boom. Denied.

He went on to be an FBI agent.
Probably wanted to hear "yes, and I've gotten therapy to help process my emotions on it. I see a therapist regularly to make sure nothing comes up in the future." Total crap.
Well, I got a very nice phone call today letting me know I did not pass the review, followed by a "Don't call us, we'll never call you" email.

Good luck to anyone else in the process, it seems like it would be a great career and a great time to get hired.
On my way home from a successful interview right now and just got the dreaded PARB email. Ugh.
Don’t worry about it, happened to me as well and got the green light 4 weeks later. It’s an excruciating waiting time but well worth it once you get to pass. Pass rate is well above 90%. Good luck!
Quote: On my way home from a successful interview right now and just got the dreaded PARB email. Ugh.
Sorry, that sucks. But if you haven’t read through this thread already, you’ll find the pass rate is pretty high. Good luck.
Quote: No rhyme or reason except a seemingly disproportionate number of military guys. Maybe the shrink is a tree hugger and this is his way at getting even for the granola crowd.
Maybe you wear your politics on your sleeves a lot more than you realize, and the Delta shrink could recognize a nutcase a lot easier than you can see your own self? Lay on the couch and think about it for a bit, perhaps?
Quote: On my way home from a successful interview right now and just got the dreaded PARB email. Ugh.
Been there, bro. After the hard work studying and interview prepping, the anxiety, and the thrill of the CJO, you get kicked in the teeth, gut and nether regions all at once. Simply saying it sucks doesn’t come anywhere near to describing what you’re experiencing now.
As Fangs said, the vast majority of people make it through. Try to breathe while you wait. If you get the mad dog’s twisted sister out of indoc, I’ll take you out on a “layover date” when we fly together.
39  45  46  47  48  49  50  51 
Page 49 of 51
Go to