516 SILs Offered

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: An SLI who is awarded an SIL will be referred to as a SLISIL per the PWA or a PCPSIL if the SLI is a PCP but not an APD which is APDSIL and if prior to the LCW being published by PBS or a bid being entered into a PED or a PIN has been established for ARCOS and it is not a month with CQ but a month with QCQ is okay and based on the LCW there is not a KLOA or MLOA and checked prior to reviewing a PDC, confirming an item on MEL or a CDL, definitely prior to a WDR, unless a EFSR is not avaialble exclduing the APU, please check with ALPA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlvy3sTTBk

Scoop
I thought the recent CR newsletter said that the sim center couldn’t keep up with the need for 320 pilots. Yet, it appears that a lot of the SLIs landed on a well manned 320 category.

No real point to that, just one of the curious things that I don’t always understand.
Quote: I thought the recent CR newsletter said that the sim center couldn’t keep up with the need for 320 pilots. Yet, it appears that a lot of the SLIs landed on a well manned 320 category.

No real point to that, just one of the curious things that I don’t always understand.
CR newsletter....
Quote: I thought the recent CR newsletter said that the sim center couldn’t keep up with the need for 320 pilots. Yet, it appears that a lot of the SLIs landed on a well manned 320 category.

They also said no more new hires were going to the 88 a month or 2 ago...I never believe anything they say..The same applies when someone from flight ops mgmt comes to the pilot lounge..I always leave..They tell us what upper mgmt wants them to tell us, or they just don't have a clue whats going on, and change their plans every week. Either way, no reason to listen to them or read the info they put out.

I interpreted the newsletter to be speaking longer-term -- in other words, the oversupply in 320 pilots is short-term, but with senior people retiring/demand increasing/China hiring our junior 320 guys for 300k, longer-term picture looks tough
Quote: ...China hiring our junior 320 guys for 300k, longer-term picture looks tough
I doubt that's a problem worthy of adjusting staffing for.
It’s actually $352,310/yr. And that’s take home pay. Apparently they cover your taxes.

I’ve done the expat thing so I’m not going, but a few people might jump at that, or at least hopefully it’s a sign of increased wages around the world and at home
161 SILs awarded.
Quote: 161 SILs awarded.
I wonder if any were denied within the constraints of the posting. IE, category offered 10 SIL, 20 applied but only 5 awarded.
Quote: I wonder if any were denied within the constraints of the posting. IE, category offered 10 SIL, 20 applied but only 5 awarded.
A very good question. I’m sure some were denied. But I would bet there were not enough people who wanted to get paid 25 hours.

These are perfect however if you want a month off during the summer, no strings attached, and don’t care about the money.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to