What is life like for UAL 737 FO Reserve EWR

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to
Quote: Do guys actually get used often when sitting field standby? Are they the first used or just in case a normal length callout wouldn't work?
It doesn't make a lot of sense. Have been put on FSB on a clear a million day with nary a delay on the departure board. Drove to airport, drove home.
Quote: It doesn't make a lot of sense. Have been put on FSB on a clear a million day with nary a delay on the departure board. Drove to airport, drove home.
Soooo, cost the company nothing.... cost you a day and tank of gas....
Really poorly written aspect of contract. Giving away choice of bidding long or short call and in return for everybody bidding long call, random conversions to short call and field standby doesn't count for an unused short call to increase pay.

Not the highlight of the deal. On a brighter note aggressive pickup and reserve aggressive pickup seems to be working better.
Quote: Soooo, cost the company nothing.... cost you a day and tank of gas....
That's about right.
Quote: That's about right.
For example yesterday 17 reserves were converted to short call/field standby. Zero were used.

Normal conversions are about 8-12 per day. Yesterday was extreme and I think it was cause they could as it was the last day of the month. Expensive day trip yes
Quote: Really poorly written aspect of contract. Giving away choice of bidding long or short call and in return for everybody bidding long call, random conversions to short call and field standby doesn't count for an unused short call to increase pay.
Pretty sure that it does count for pay if unused.

Quote:
For example yesterday 17 reserves were converted to short call/field standby. Zero were used.
FSB is nothing more than pilot harassment it is a MAJOR PITA. We need to have a blanket party for the guys who agreed to allow this in the contract...
Quote: Normal conversions are about 8-12 per day. Yesterday was extreme and I think it was cause they could as it was the last day of the month.
That would indicate they're looking at FSB now from a viewpoint of "how many can we assign without costing extra," rather than "how many do we need based the circumstances." Very different ways of approaching this issue. UPA needed to have a formula based on reserves available, reserve coverage, etc, to limit this abuse.
Just read in the EWR CP Update that certain FOs (me) are "having difficulty" getting their 100 hours in 120 days. The UPA states that scheduling can place the low time person in a higher priority on the reserve list. But now the pilot is supposed to call and be "proactive" in getting this done! Ummm, I'm sorry, but since when do I have to do crew scheduling's job?!? This isn't rocket science. If they can't tell which pilots need the time before they dequalify, then they need some serious help. And of course, now its the pilots responsibility to do a schedulers job. Typical management response.
Quote: Just read in the EWR CP Update that certain FOs (me) are "having difficulty" getting their 100 hours in 120 days. The UPA states that scheduling can place the low time person in a higher priority on the reserve list. But now the pilot is supposed to call and be "proactive" in getting this done! Ummm, I'm sorry, but since when do I have to do crew scheduling's job?!? This isn't rocket science. If they can't tell which pilots need the time before they dequalify, then they need some serious help. And of course, now its the pilots responsibility to do a schedulers job. Typical management response.
I have a 4 day tomorrow and another 4 day on the 10th. You are welcome to either/both. Just tell the dopes to buy them from me.
Quote:
The UPA states that scheduling can place the low time person in a higher priority on the reserve list. But now the pilot is supposed to call and be "proactive" in getting this done!
Mummphumb BWHAAAHAHHHAHAHHHHAAAAHAAA! Yeah right. And the EWR CP needs to seriously consider cutting down on the amount of crack he smokes on a daily basis, apparently it is affecting his judgement. Of course there will be a few schmucks who actually do it though...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to