Alaska's hiring process

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Anybody out there who has already interviewed willing to share their experience?
This might be a dumb question, but does anyone know if they have hired pilots without a 4 year degree?
Quote: This might be a dumb question, but does anyone know if they have hired pilots without a 4 year degree?
No, not in a while. From what I'm told this is one of the requirements they seem really into.
Alaska Air seems to be one of the most sought after companies to work for judging from some of the threads and comments on here....similar to FedEx or SouthWest. Why is that? Looking at their pay scales, they aren't stellar.

??
Quote: Alaska Air seems to be one of the most sought after companies to work for judging from some of the threads and comments on here....similar to FedEx or SouthWest. Why is that? Looking at their pay scales, they aren't stellar.

??
Pilot bases are all in places that people seem to want to be, pay may not be stellar but it's very good overall, company is a very good place to work for, treats people well, and is very successful and appears to be making smart long term business decisions.
Any hiring news? I just heard through a friend that a QX FO just got called this week. Any hiring stats/gouge?
Thanks
SL
Does anyone have any information on how many applicants have interviewed or have been hired since the application window closed? Any ideas on how many pilots are going to be added this year? It has been very quiet out there. Thanks
I posted this on another thread also.

I went in to Chat with one of the base chief pilots the other day about (AS) hiring status. I have recommended someone. He said 80 to be hired this year. 50 already here. Interviews continue...Last hiring window = 2000 apps. 700 had internal recommendations. Next hiring window opens in October. All current apps will be flushed. Those with active apps will have to re-apply/update. Hiring 150 next year.
80 more to be hired this year or 30 more?
Quote: 80 more to be hired this year or 30 more?
80 total this year " 50 already here" = approx 30 more this year.
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to