PDT News and Rumors

Subscribe
276  676  726  766  772  773  774  775  776  777  778  779  780  786  826  876 
Page 776 of 1123
Go to
Quote: People have posted in this thread that some have been, as well as the most jr hire dates of Captains in every base. Should only be a few pages back
Thanks, I saw that. I've read somewhere suggesting there were captain awards in training after those dates were posted. Simply wondering if anyone has actually seen it happen yet.
Quote: One must bid the left seat, I realize. Wondering if those younglings that bid the left seat were getting awarded it in training, I was.
I am assuming you did not take the upgrade at your previous airline? Hence the ATP/CTP question? Looks like you have good qualifications. Did you not get your ATP?
Quote: I am assuming you did not take the upgrade at your previous airline? Hence the ATP/CTP question? Looks like you have good qualifications. Did you not get your ATP?
I left flying years ago (prior to the ATP requirement, and upgrade) to pursue another career. Now, I'd like to return to flying and practice the other career on the side. So, no ATP.
Looks like the timing is just right for someone like you. You should have no problems getting picked up by a regional if you have basic IFR currency. Since you have heavy time you can also consider Atlas, Southern Air etc. Don't limit yourself to the regionals unless you are looking for the "flow."
Quote: Looks like the timing is just right for someone like you. You should have no problems getting picked up by a regional if you have basic IFR currency. Since you have heavy time you can also consider Atlas, Southern Air etc. Don't limit yourself to the regionals unless you are looking for the "flow."
While Atlas would be a good deal, they require an ATP and presumably some 121 currency both of which I don't have. PDT's flow program certainly sweetens the pot as well as the fact that I'm a Philly guy. I also never had the opportunity to fly a turboprop which is something I'm looking forward to.
Quote: While Atlas would be a good deal, they require an ATP and presumably some 121 currency both of which I don't have. PDT's flow program certainly sweetens the pot as well as the fact that I'm a Philly guy. I also never had the opportunity to fly a turboprop which is something I'm looking forward to.
Another Philly guy here with 1000+ in heavy time. Seriously considering the move to Piedmont for the flow and immediate upgrade with my quals.
I see that the flow is 3/month when AA is hiring. Forgive me if I missed this, but is that number a minimum?? If it's only 3/month, my basic math tells me that's about 8-10 years before someone today would flow. (Many variables left out for the "basic math").
I currently have a pretty great gig, but have very little TPIC and would ultimately like to land at a legacy/fedex.
Hmmmm.
Quote: I also never had the opportunity to fly a turboprop which is something I'm looking forward to.
How can I convince you that you will regret this lol.
Quote: Another Philly guy here with 1000+ in heavy time. Seriously considering the move to Piedmont for the flow and immediate upgrade with my quals.
I see that the flow is 3/month when AA is hiring. Forgive me if I missed this, but is that number a minimum?? If it's only 3/month, my basic math tells me that's about 8-10 years before someone today would flow. (Many variables left out for the "basic math").
I currently have a pretty great gig, but have very little TPIC and would ultimately like to land at a legacy/fedex.
Hmmmm.
3per month flow rate now based on the pilot group size. For every 125 pilots above 350 the group grows we add an additional flow per month. We are right at the 425 mark now so we should be going to 4 per month in the April flow (they might owe us a few extra to true up at the end of the year). With 200 additional pilots by the end of the year and projected growth beyond I'll let you do the math.
Nobody really can tell on the flow, but it's a nice card to have in your pocket if other places don't work out. I still think your better off here than the other 10,000 guys without it…
Quote: How can I convince you that you will regret this lol.
How can you? Well, isn't that what this is for? Lets hear how much worse flying a turboprop is than sitting behind a desk alone in an office 10 hours a day drafting motions and arguing on behalf of self entitled rich people that are usually in the wrong. Ready? Set? GO!
276  676  726  766  772  773  774  775  776  777  778  779  780  786  826  876 
Page 776 of 1123
Go to