KCM/Random Screening Stats

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: Has anyone been double randomed before? Seriously, the blueberries randomly selected me at KCM, after putting my nuke proof luggageworks through the scanner I walk through the metal detector and she says I’ve been randomly selected AGAIN for additional screening. They had me take my shoes off and electronics out and swab them down.

I’ve never heard of the double random on crew before, anyone? Bueller?
Multiple times.

Probably because I beep (metal parts), am carrying multiple hypodermic needles, a sharps container, a CPAP and a spare partial foot prosthetic.
Quote: If it was just limited to crews operating a flight at that airport, the costs wouldn't justify the program
while we’re at it. It should only be senior Captains only. No recent upgrade captain, F/O, IRO’s, Flight engineers, or Navigators.
Quote: while we’re at it. It should only be senior Captains only. No recent upgrade captain, F/O, IRO’s, Flight engineers, or Navigators.
Senior captains and deadzoners and retired pilots between 65 & 67. /s
Quote: Has anyone been double randomed before? Seriously, the blueberries randomly selected me at KCM, after putting my nuke proof luggageworks through the scanner I walk through the metal detector and she says I’ve been randomly selected AGAIN for additional screening. They had me take my shoes off and electronics out and swab them down.

yep…and they wanted to do the wand and pat down on me while in uniform. After that they told me that they’d like to do it in the private screening area so as to “not do it in front of the passengers”.

I said “nope…you are going to metal wand me and do a full pat down right here. I want every last one of them to see, possibly their pilot, to be patted down like a possible deadly armed terrorist.” I just stood their with my arms out to let them do it. Supervisor said “sir…please let us do this in private.” “Nope, right here.” And I stood there watching all the pax stare at me and them for all the ridiculousness it was.
Double random? Who's running the TSA, Dean Wormer?
I don't do random. Ever. Ain't nobody got time for that. I just smile and walk on by.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/489d82f...d-5f61d251b395

I've had my bag pulled for additional screening a couple times during KCM randoms.
Quote: not only should it be pilots only, it should only be part 121 pilots, or scheduled 135 pilots, actually operating out of that airport.
Part of the point is to alleviate pressure on the checkpoints. If you're vetted, you're vetted. Commuting, vacationing, whatever - your "threat level" is still less than Joe passenger. Your premise makes NO sense.
Quote: Part of the point is to alleviate pressure on the checkpoints. If you're vetted, you're vetted. Commuting, vacationing, whatever - your "threat level" is still less than Joe passenger. Your premise makes NO sense.
TSA precheck line in PHX was about 50 deep yesterday. Of course, got the random again.
Quote: TSA precheck line in PHX was about 50 deep yesterday. Of course, got the random again.
skip to the front
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to