Challenger Crash Aspen

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 13
Go to
Quote: Unfortunately it's prob the bad pilot that lived and the FO that had to die…
I thought all 3 died but I'm wrong. The FO died of thermal injuries.
Quote: Unfortunately it's prob the bad pilot that lived and the FO that had to die…
I knew the FO. Please refrain from making derogatory statements like this.
I didn't mean that derogatory at all. Sorry for your loss and sorry for it sounding derogatory. Was just saying careless mistakes of some can cause bad things to others.
Last I heard there was only 1 fatality.
I thought all 3 died but I see it was the FO. I take back what I said about RIP. I doubt he was at fault.
Quote: Why is it no one is willing to call this guy a truely bad pilot? If you bounce that much you go around. Am I missing something? Another example of a lack of skills killing innocent people. I have very little patience for this kind of thing. Now if some sort of mechanical problem is discovered in the investigation, I'll take it all back. Until then I am not wishing this pilot to rest in peace.
It looks like a phugoid where he hit so hard it rebounded up into the air at a high AOA, tail stalled and nose went back down. Not sure there was a "go around" possible. That's indicative of using up a ton of runway due to a tailwind and wanting to "get it on the ground".
After viewing the last camera's footage, it is a miracle anyone survived.
Quote: After viewing the last camera's footage, it is a miracle anyone survived.
That final pitch forward is what screwed their day. But this video is what I imagine the fedex md11 crashes may have looked like. Has winds hear been ruled out yet ? Is there any word on whether the surviving crew have spoken to investigators ?

I think calling the guy a bad pilot is a bit unreasonable, but on paper that was an absolute go around before even hitting the MM. 30kn tailwind no thank you.
Quote: It looks like a phugoid where he hit so hard it rebounded up into the air at a high AOA, tail stalled and nose went back down. Not sure there was a "go around" possible. That's indicative of using up a ton of runway due to a tailwind and wanting to "get it on the ground".
It's hard to tell from my view of it but does it look like it bounced twice before the last and final nose over?
I didn't mean to say the tail stalled btw, but looks like an oscillation all the same, much more common w/conventional gear, but still possible and it still happens with tricycle gear aircraft.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 9 of 13
Go to